Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soooooooo Long September

Posted by boxofrox z8 PNW (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 23, 12 at 21:17

September picked up where August left off and the garden has just been spectacular with the volume of flowers and number of bouquets I've been able to cut and gift. I haven't taken as much time to capture shots and post pics after the August deluge and now that all my posts have cleared page one, I thought I'd post for the first time in September ;-)

These are mostly bouquet shots, I had the pleasure of making one for a 95 year old on her birthday as well as a 73 year old cancer survivor on hers and the smiles were simply priceless !!!

I hope everyone is well, I hope you enjoy and thanks so much for looking :-)

For the 95 year old

Photobucket

For the 73 year old

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dinner Plate dahlia

Photobucket

Photobucket

CP

Photobucket

The Dark Lady

Photobucket

Dahlia

Photobucket

Y/O bouquet

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A Trillion Bells ;=)

Photobucket

Mandevilla

Photobucket

Yesterday's downstairs bouquet

Photobucket

Today's Upstairs bouquet

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And lastly some Easy's

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soooooooo Long September

Just beautiful!! I can`t imagine having that many flowers to give away. Do you cut long stems when you cut the roses for arrangements?I also enjoyed the last picture. Sometime would you post pictures of your garden .? I would love to see more whole garden shots. I bet it is heavenly! Thanks again...Lesley

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 23, 12 at 22:51

Pretty pretties! Love those dahlias!

o

Thanks guys :-)

Lesley..............It really depends upon the vase but as a general rule the dahlias, hydrangeas, and phlox usually have the longest stems because I use them for the foundation and a longer stem supports them from tipping sideways. The roses are usually cut to have long enough stems but the length is dictated more by outward facing buds ;-) As far as the garden shots, I've posted a ton of OT (Off Topic as in not roses) over the years and they are archived and searchable :-)

beth, the bouquets get a lot more colorful once the dahlias start :-)

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 28, 12 at 20:03

Your bouquets are always breathtaking, boxo!

o

I love them all - but I especially love your upstairs boquet. The colors and shapes!!! Aaaaahhhhh :)

Your Chicago Peace looks AMAZING!!!! Wow!!! Mine has a medium to strong fragrance. I love this rose - so many blooms. Does yours have a nice fragrance? Even if it doesn't - that's a mighty fine looking rose!!!!
Carol

o

Ye Gods and Little Fishes,..spectacular blooms and to see them in Bouquet is perfection,..lucky 95 year old and 73 year old,..that surely made the day for them.

Philip

o

Philip, what I love is the art of surprise :-) Most people have never actually received a 'homemade' bouquet. It's not just the colors and textures that wow them, it's the fact that they actually smell fragrant (unlike store bought ;-)

carol, this is my first year with roses in pots and CP. I wanted to take advantage of the sun and heat up on my west facing deck so I planted CP, DD, and CI in large pots. CP is right up there with my favorites. She is not as fragrant as Double Delight or Abraham Darby which both buckle my knees but she blooms so prolifically and the blooms are drop dead and huge. Summer is BBQ season and I sit right next to her in my John Deere chef's chair and I couldn't be more pleased with her addition to my garden !!!!

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 13:43

I love the oranges and yellows! So festive for Fall!

Tammy

o

Yeah, not as fragrant - but CP does have its own fragrance which is quite lovely. I never want to be without this rose. Now I can "see" you sitting beside it and enjoying such a lovely rose.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here