Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mini and Minifloras

Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 21:17

I've been camera challenged since I fell and broke my good camera in August. A very dear friend lent me a point and shoot, bless him, but it's been a real struggle trying to get any kind of decent close up with it and it doesn't like full sunlight very much either, tends to burn everything out. But here are a few that came out fairly well.

Heather Sproul
Heather Sproul

Irresistible
Irresistible

Patron
Patron

First and Foremost
First and Foremost

Powerhouse
Powerhouse

Memphis Blues
Memphis Blues

X-Rated
X-Rated

Robin Alonso
Robin Alonso

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mini and Minifloras

Seil--Great shots on some good roses.--Ron

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 22:56

I actually really really like that picture of Irresistible. The little bit of dew on the lens, makes it look very peaceful. Also, I like your Memphis Blues. I'm not familiar with that one :)

Tammy

o

Sorry to hear about your fall, Seil.

Lovely, colorful blooms, I especially like First and Foremost.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 16, 12 at 20:22

Thanks, Ron!

Tammy, that isn't dew...I just can't get the dang camera to sharp focus on close-ups! It's like the gauze effect they use on aging actresses, lol!

Thank you, Krista! FnF was new this year and I'm quite pleased with how well it's done.

o

Oh, I do like your minis--especially X-Rated. If I need to fill out an order, I may just add it to the list.

Kate

o

Mon, Sep 17, 12 at 16:25

Thanks, Kate! Find a warm spot for Z-Rated. Not because it doesn't winter well but I found it blooms more in really full all day sun.

o

I don't think you're camera challenged at all, seil. I love that Memphis Blues, and I wanted to tell how gorgeous all your photos of Memorial Day are in HMF. Wow. What do you think of MD? Mine has problems and needs to be moved, and I needed a visit to HMF to refresh my memory of how lovely that rose can be...and there I saw your beautiful pics. Thank you for posting these lovelies here, too. Diane

o

Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 18:44

Thank you, Diane! I've had MD for 5 or 6 years now and it did better when it was in the patio pot garden. I planted it out in the new bed and I don't think it's getting as much sun now so it doesn't get as tall or bloom as much. It will both black spot and mildew if conditions are right but when it blooms it is gorgeous! The blooms are always very large and they do have a nice fragrance.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here