Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mantis__oh

Frederic Mistral

mantis__oh
12 years ago

The weather has been ideal for some large, nicely spiraled blooms--sort of like that in the cool, damp Northwest. Here's Frederic Mistral:

You will have to imagine the intense, rich fragrance.

Comments (14)

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Oooooh!!! How beautiful. I have Frederic Mistral too - looks just like that! Just smelled it today - so I don't have to imagine it - sigh what a wonderful smell.

Your pictures are wonderful!!!

Carol

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Beautiful Mantis!!! Carol, I hope your Frederic grows great in your climate! Cyndy from Peter Beales looooves her Frederic Mistral. I am thinking that your FM should do well, Carol. Mine is the only rose in my garden to survive an ordinary large pot in our zone 5 winter, and I'm crossing my fingers it again survives! It is very rare for a rose to do this...Mine is also growing in full shade, so the bloom itself will never be as huge as yours and Mantis. But it's still lovely as can be! Hey, be sure to let me know how your Lincoln is doing too, Carol! I was telling Mantis that the best blooms for Lincoln should be in autumn! My blooms are back to 6" blooms on steroids when the cool and rainy weather arrives, just like Mantis described.

I love your spirals, Mantis, and I'm looking forward to more of your fall blooms!

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

Lovely pics. I, too, grow Frederic, I like the blooms in the fall, with the large spirals.

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Yum, my favorite shade of pink!

• TNY78
    12 years ago

Beautiful! I love those big globular blooms!

• organicgardendreams
    12 years ago

manis, these are some gorgeous shots of Frederic Mistral. Thanks for posting!

I grow this rose, too, but it is still in a 5 gallon pot and has completely outgrown it up to a point that the rose is not able to bloom anymore. Seeing your photos has reminded me to give this wonderful rose more leg space so that I get to see some of its gorgeous blooms, again!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

• zippitydoodaday
    8 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find Frederic Minstral?

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    8 years ago

Now that's purrrrtay! Love it!!

• Krista_5NY
    8 years ago

Hortico Roses or Heirloom Roses.

• bethnorcal9
    8 years ago

It's gorgeous! I just got a replacement one after losing mine some yrs ago. Got it from Hortico. Can't wait to see blooms like yours Mantis!!

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    8 years ago

I purchased a band from Heirloom, after waiting about 3 months.

Lynn

• Jasminerose, California, USDA 9b/Sunset 18
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Love all those petals and I could look at that pink all day long.

• zippitydoodaday
    8 years ago

Heirloom is out of stock with Frederic & I refuse to purchase it from Hortico. Check out the last bareroot rose they sent me. The graft was at a 60 degree angle from the roots. It never did anything while all my other roses purchased at the same time are doing great. I wrote to Hortico and sent them a photo, but never heard back.

• Kelly Tregaskis Collova
    8 years ago

Check roses unlimited

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!