Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frederic Mistral

Posted by mantis__oh z6 OH (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 23, 11 at 21:30

The weather has been ideal for some large, nicely spiraled blooms--sort of like that in the cool, damp Northwest. Here's Frederic Mistral:

You will have to imagine the intense, rich fragrance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frederic Mistral

Oooooh!!! How beautiful. I have Frederic Mistral too - looks just like that! Just smelled it today - so I don't have to imagine it - sigh what a wonderful smell.

Your pictures are wonderful!!!

Carol

o

Beautiful Mantis!!! Carol, I hope your Frederic grows great in your climate! Cyndy from Peter Beales looooves her Frederic Mistral. I am thinking that your FM should do well, Carol. Mine is the only rose in my garden to survive an ordinary large pot in our zone 5 winter, and I'm crossing my fingers it again survives! It is very rare for a rose to do this...Mine is also growing in full shade, so the bloom itself will never be as huge as yours and Mantis. But it's still lovely as can be! Hey, be sure to let me know how your Lincoln is doing too, Carol! I was telling Mantis that the best blooms for Lincoln should be in autumn! My blooms are back to 6" blooms on steroids when the cool and rainy weather arrives, just like Mantis described.

I love your spirals, Mantis, and I'm looking forward to more of your fall blooms!

o

Lovely pics. I, too, grow Frederic, I like the blooms in the fall, with the large spirals.

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 24, 11 at 20:11

Yum, my favorite shade of pink!

o

• Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 24, 11 at 21:25

Beautiful! I love those big globular blooms!

o

manis, these are some gorgeous shots of Frederic Mistral. Thanks for posting!

I grow this rose, too, but it is still in a 5 gallon pot and has completely outgrown it up to a point that the rose is not able to bloom anymore. Seeing your photos has reminded me to give this wonderful rose more leg space so that I get to see some of its gorgeous blooms, again!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here