Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Mayflower and Stanwell Perpetual

Posted by krista_4 NY (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 6, 11 at 21:38

The Mayfower is one of the first roses to start blooming in summer, (these pics are from June...) I love this rose, incredible fragrance, and lots of blooming throughout the summer.

The Mayflower

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Stanwell Perpetual, also from June.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Mayflower and Stanwell Perpetual

Got yourself some good dependable bloomers there--and some lovely pics. Thanks for sharing.

Kate

o

• Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 6, 11 at 23:15

Krista, I love your Stanwell! I have one also, but it needs to be relocated in the spring to a better location...I didn't realize when I planted it that it would have a spreading habit, and its become victim to the lawnmower more than once this summer (gotta love men...lol)

o

I love seeing your Mayflower, Krista! I don't believe I've seen you post it before. Is this a new rose? The closeup is Gorgeous and very romantic. I love the playful Buttons of Stanwell in the bottom photo! It's always so cheer and abundant; it should have been named Stacy Perpetual! lol! It reminds me of a pretty flower girl at a wedding, so cheerfully throwing petals down the aisle, showing off her pretty ruffles.

o

Give me a fragrant flower, every time. Lovely.

o

Thank you, everyone.

TNY78, Stanwell does have a tendency to spread and be close to the ground. I've used stakes and pruning to try to keep it off the ground, now it has more of an arching shape than a groundcover shape... after many years it is now growing taller, and that will help to keep the blooms away from the ground as well.....

Serena, I don't think I've posted pics of The Mayflower before, but it is not new to the garden... it's been getting larger in the last year or two and is a really nice shrub now.

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 Central Pa (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 7, 11 at 21:23

Nice Krista!

o

Well, I'm glad we get to enjoy The Mayflower, Krista! So cool! and I love fragrant roses too!

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 8, 11 at 22:55

Love that pink color in Mayflower!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here