Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Labor of Love

boxofrox
12 years ago

We have us a mini heat wave to end summer and are in the mid 80s to low 90s for 7-10 days. What a way to end the summer. I am trying to keep everything including humans, canines, feline, and amphibians hydrated whilst still enjoying the garden's bounty. I just put a peach/raspberry crisp in the oven so I thought I'd post a bit in the interim. Here's a few shots from yesterday and today, hope you enjoy and thanks for looking :-))))))))))))))

Bluebird Rose of Sharon

Sexy Rexy

Oklahoma

Easy Goin

Livin Easy

Pink and Yellow dahlia

Orange and Yellow dahlia

Lavendar Dahlia

Mixed

Abraham Darby

LD Braithwaite

Hot Cocoa

Bouquet for Neighbor

Bouquet for Wife

Comments (10)

• inga007
    12 years ago

Absolute, WOW! for Oklahoma.

I'm so jealous I'm not your neighbor. Lovely "bunches".

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

AWESOME Boxo! Roses still looking good in your garden, that's for sure!
    We had alot of rain through August with milder temps.
    Sept so far has been very hot, humid, and rainy...lol

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

I always know something awesome is going to be in your threads!! Gorgeous flowers, each and every one of them. We almost had 90 straight days of temps in the 90's with almost no rain I was told but its nice and cool and rainy today!!! Yay!! I hope all my roses recover and lets me have a nice fall flush. BTW, the crisp sounds yummy!! Judy

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Lovely, boxo! Keep them coming please!

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

I adore your Oklahoma and you inspired me to get one myself this year. I love this rose - the color the amount of bloom, the length of bloom time, etc. I always want to have this rose. And your pictures really show case this rose!!! Beauty!!!

Your Blue Rose of Sharon is striking!!! Wish I had one. I've never seen you post that one - is it new?

Your Abe is soooooo lovely. I love everything you've shown us. And you're the Kind of bouquets!!!

Thanks!!!

Carol

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Whoops - King of bouquets!!! LOL

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much guys, here's hoping fall has a friendly smile for all your blooms :-)

Carol, I had Oklahoma and Lincoln side by side until the latter one caned himself into bye bye :-( Oklahoma is like dark red velvet as it opens and is just a real classy bloom, in composition and fragrance. Mine is stingy but I cherish each bloom. Another one is opening soon.

I climbed up on a ladder to get up close and personal with my Coat of many colors. Here's a few shots of JC and the clematis on top (about 9') and my new house paint colors on the garden shed and gates to my compost.

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Oooo, Spectacular, Boxo! I was in the midst of writing on your thread last night, but Firefox crashed on me, then James was on Messenger chatting with me, so I forgot to redo my thread last night !

Anyway, spectacular bouquets. And yeah! Love the Fancy Garden Shed!!!!! Joseph's Coat is so unique in its color variations. AD is still the King of course! He always has the most magnificent Showing of all! Great to see Hot Cocoa reblooming and hope to get more Ultimate Hotness from him!

I love seeing the Purple dahlia and Easy Going paired up.

I love the form of your Oklahoma - the second bouquet photo bottom red bloom and the Oklahoma rose on the bush which reminds me of my Lincolns at their nicest and fanciest. My one solitary Okie bloom started out as a fantastic spiral, but like all HTs stuck with Kansas sun it just blows out after a day.

Boxo, looks like I have to wait for the next 12 weeks for Okie to bloom but it will be snowing by then lol; I tried to look for any pre-bud florets, and there's just one iffy one at best, lol! the rest is a sterile dead zone even though the plant itself is very vigorous with glossy healthy big leaves. I am sooo impressed that you can get more than one bloom out of your Okie! My Oakie is about as abundant as the drought in Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath, lol!

Sexy Rexy is soooo fluffy and is very prettily showing of her raindrop necklace!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

We just got 5.5 inches of rain today and our blooms are looking awful soggy...lol
    Love the coat of many colors...

• TNY78
    12 years ago

Love your Coat of Many Colors! It looks like its very healthy :) Also, I think your delias's are drop dead beautiful! I wish they would grow here without having to be lifted every fall...I'd have them everywhere!

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!