Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help identify rose disease

Posted by kansas_gardener 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 8, 09 at 22:32

Can someone tell me what this disease might be? I don't think this is rust or black spot. Thanks.
K_G

Image link: Please help identify rose disease (47 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help identify rose disease

I have no idea what that is on your rose. I see you posted it on the main forum also. You will get better results and answers on the main forum.
Here we mainly post our rose pictures.
I'm just a newbie dummy (LOL)

Wish I could of helped more, maybe someone else has the answer to your problem.

JIM

o

I searched some websites for you, but, could NOT come up with anything that looks like what you have on your leaves.
It resembles Blackspot somewhat, but, the pattern is a weird one. Hummmm. I'm kind of interested in what you have also for future reference. Hope you get your answer!

disease

o

Kansas Gardener,

You have 2 responses to your question on the main forum.

JIM

o

Thank you all for your responses, especially to Jim for helping out. I also sent a picture to our local Agricultural extension office. They forwarded it to the plant pathology department at Kansas State University and this was the response from the plant pathologist "My first thought is physiological since all of the spots are clustered along the margins. Diseases tend to be more scattered. Another vague thought would be a Cercospora leaf spot. I tend to see it on roses in wet years. It is pretty minor. It has a light colored center with a reddish purple border. The symptoms here look similar but I still don't think the pattern fits because it is usually more scattered. At this late in the season I wouldn't recommend any control measures and next year it likely won't be a problem if it is drier and warmer". The county extension agent said "Most likely non disease. I think it looks like a scorch symptom from a spray. Often the oil carriers in pest control products can cause a burn like this if used above label rate or when temperatures are too high".
Once again thanks to all. This is a great forum!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here