Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mini rose heaven

Posted by pelicanhead (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 25, 11 at 23:44

One of my mini rose gardens this year. They all just flourished. Pardon the empty pot. I have a rose in there now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mini rose heaven

I LOVE THEM!!!! so charming!!!

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 26, 11 at 8:51

Lovely, Pelican! And they all look so healthy and happy!

o

Outstanding! Beautiful roses and a lovely setting. Can I steal your idea? Just so pretty.I don`t know your zone...do you have to bring pots in during winter? Thanks for sharing. Lesley

o

Thanks all. My zone is 9a. I leave them out all year. But I take in my Plumerias, I lost a bunch one year.

o

So many differeint mini roses, a garden full of blooms, such a pleasure to see these lovely pictures!

o

Pelicanhead: I love your minis, esp. the one in the pretty white pot. Any of them fragrant? I was checking on fragrant minis, and found over a dozen !!

I am leaning toward minis, after seeing them as most loaded with blooms at the rose park. I have many varieties of daffodils, and the one that I like the most as cut flower with intense fragrance is the small white clustered daffodils. I don't underestimate the mini-rose either in fragrance.

Would love to hear from you regarding the fragrance of your mini-roses. Yours look great, and loaded with blooms. Do you use liquid fertilizer, or is it just Miracle-Gro potting soil? Many thanks.

o

• Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 9, 11 at 11:40

Sp pretty! I have horrible luck with my minis defoliating, but yours look like they are thriving! Wow!

o

The most fragrant in my garden are Scentsational, Chick a dee, Ring of fire, Rosy Dawn, and Stars and stripes.
Scentsational is the most fragrant by far.

o

I'm really bad about fertilizing. I use whatever I have on hand. Dead fish fertilizer, as my grandson calls it, miracle grow. Usually a liquid type.

o

What a lovely garden, the minis look delightful in the pots.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here