Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

More October blooms

bethnorcal9
10 years ago

Here's some blooms from the last week or so. We're still having warm temps up into almost 80 degrees. I'm lovin' it! And so are the roses!

AWARENESS
{{gwi:1282822}}

BAJAZZO
{{gwi:1201561}}

BUDATETENY
{{gwi:1282824}}

CATHERINE DENEUVE
{{gwi:1282825}}

CITRUS TEASE
{{gwi:350366}}

FLAMBEE
{{gwi:348230}}

HOT COCOA
{{gwi:1201756}}

HOT ROMANCE
{{gwi:1282826}}

JULIE NEWMAR

LAURA BUSH

LILA VIDRI
{{gwi:262569}}

PRINCESSE DE MONACO
{{gwi:1200584}}

REMEMBER ME

SALLY KANE
{{gwi:1205707}}

SHEILA MACQUEEN

SULTRY
{{gwi:1205705}}

TITANIC
{{gwi:1213899}}

VENDEE IMPERIALE
{{gwi:244299}}

WEDDING SONG
{{gwi:1209848}}

Comments (10)

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

You are the Queen of unusual roses!!!

My absolute favorite is the Budatet whatever one :) Gorgeous!!!

Sultry looks so lovely - Does it have fragrance??

Princess de Monaco is really, really nice. I just love the regalness of the color and shape. So aptly named!!!

Lili Vidri - another mauve I haven't heard about. Really beautiful! How's the fragrance?

I just love the color of your Hot Cocoa!!!
    Fabulous roses - thanks for sharing!!
    Carol

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Beth - They are all very nice, really love Awareness, so pretty!

• inga007
    10 years ago

I agree with" Canadan rose", you are the Queen of unusual roses.
    The October colouring is deeper, more intense .
    I love CATHERINE DENEUVE and HOT COCOA and all others, but
    SHEILA MACQUEEN is suffering.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

All are really Nice Beth! :-)

• dove_song
    10 years ago

Yay, the Queen of the unusual roses is back with more goodies for us. Thanks, Beth!!! :-)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Awareness and all the others are lovely.

80 degrees out? And we had our first freezing temps the other night--life isn't fair! : (

Kate

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey thanks you guys! Yeah I love the unusual and hard-to-find varieties.

Carol, I got that BUDATETENY from Cliff a yr or so before he closed up. It's a Hungarian bred rose, and very interesting with all those petals. I can't remember if SULTRY has any scent or not. Now LILA VIDRI does. She's yummy! You might have heard of her under a different name. Somehow when she was imported to the US, whoever imported her, got the name messed up as I recall. She was first sold under the name LEILA VERDE.

Sara-Ann AWARENESS (aka LADY ABERDEEN) is a really good rose. Blooms frequently and always such pretty form.

Inga, I love SHEILA MACQUEEN. She's one of the oddballs, being a pale apricot that fades to green with a pinkish tinge. That's my favorite stage. And if I leave the bloom on there long enough, it'll turn a pure med green color.

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

These sent me scurrying to HMF.

Do tell about 'Wedding Song'. Beautiful!

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mmmm... WEDDING SONG is a rose I got at Home Depot as a bagged bareroot over 10yrs ago. Never saw it anywhere else again until a couple yrs ago Hortico began carrying it. This yr has been the best yr ever. It suddenly grew nice and tall, about 5ft, and has had massive blooms. I did take a whiff last week, and I know it had a pretty strong scent, but I can't remember exactly what it smelled like. I really need to start recording them as I discover what they are. LOL

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Thanks Beth. It looks to have a touch or originality about it. Guess I'm not as enamored of the 'perfect' HT form anymore. A bit of quirkynes or muddleness suits me. Love the nifty shading going on with VENDEE IMPERIALE. Nice.