Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kentucky_rose

Recent cut roses

Here's some pictures of my roses. I hope you enjoy them!

Comments (19)

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    Original Author
    9 years ago

More roses.

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Assorted mini/floras

• royarose
    9 years ago

Beautiful Roses. Can you name some of the orange, purple or pink roses? I would like to know their names. Thanks

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Picture 1: purples are Neptune, Paradise, and Sweetness
    Picture 2: pinks are Rose', Louise Estes, and Marijke Koopman
    Picture 3: pink above Orange is Baby Boomer, orange is Autumn Splendor

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Such gorgeous roses Kentucky_rose. So glad you shared with us, love them all!

• lesmc
    9 years ago

Wow, those are so beautiful. I am in Louisville and I don`t have as many as I usually do. It is disappointing because fall roses are so lovely. When was your last feeding? Just curious! You have an amazing green thumb and I love seeing your roses. Lesley

• royarose
    9 years ago

Thanks for that. I hope I can have a rose bouquet as beautiful as yours oneday. :)

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Beautiful roses Kentucky rose. Always soooooo gorgeous and always enjoy those babies. Keep em coming!!! Happy Fall, Judy

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, everyone. Royarose, you may already have prettier roses in your garden. Just cut them and enjoy. I think as growers we have a tendency to judge our roses too harsh. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Lesley, I fed them Thursday with the Orange label Monty's Joy Juice. I had about 1/3 less blooms this year, also. Judy, glad you like the little ones. Sara, any recent pics of Folklore and Rina Hugo?

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Kentucky_rose - My Folklore hasn't bloomed a whole lot, but that's been typical of a lot of my roses this year. Rina Hugo has quite a few buds ready to open, so hopefully I can get some good pictures of it. It seems to be a good bloomer.

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

They're beautiful! Sort of an end of season cut? I have only a handful for tight buds left out there now. Some show a little color but I doubt they'll ever get to open.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Hey Kentucky rose! I always refer to all of mine as babies not just the little ones. I enjoyed all your roses. You def have a talent for growing beautiful roses! Judy

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Seil, I still have lots of buds and the weather forecast is good, but it could change any time. Judy, you have beautiful roses, too. I made another cute little arrangement today.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

So stinkn pretty!! What are the ones clustered on top and in the middle? Love them!! Judy

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Kentucky Rose - Your roses are unbelievably gorgeous!

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Judy and Sara. Foolish Pleasure are the pinks in the last picture. I had 2 small do-nothing Red Intuitions that I stuck in the arrangement. Today I made my daughter a little bouquet for her friend and stuck a small PJPII and a Red Intuition in amongst the mini/flora's.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    9 years ago

Well done on the bouquets! :-) Roses look great!

• paulieinct
    9 years ago

Outstanding job!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Thanks kentuckyrose! They are sooooo beautiful! I have slim Pickens right now. It amazes me with the amount you still have to cut. Great job. Love them!! Judy

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure