Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Still Indian Summer here!

Posted by kathy9norcal CA 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 21, 11 at 1:34

It has stayed comfortably warm and the roses are very happy. Here are some more photos. I am certainly not looking forward to the inevitable cold and rain!

Black Magic loves to bloom. It lasts well, too.

Joshua Bradley, not so many blooms but they last well.

Ingrid Bergman, lots of long-lasting big blooms

Jean Giono

Crimson Bouquet--good bloomer, lasts very well

Silver Star, lots of blooms, not so long-lasting--great color, though

another Vavoom--I love the light in this photo

Mon Cheri--sweet smelling, a favorite. A Valentine's present from my valentine.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Still Indian Summer here!

OOOOh-Aaaaah. You have me almost, drooling here. Lovely photos, The silver star is outstanding. Thanks for sharing.

o

I love black magic. It is so velvety and lasts forever.

o

• Posted by TNY78 6b-E TN (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 21, 11 at 10:52

I really like Jean Giorno & Joshia Bradly! I love deep yellow roses...I have an order coming in from Pickering in a couple of weeks (trying the fall planting thing...we'll how that goes!) of a variety of yellows. I'm hoping to find at least a couple that are pretty disease free here in the BS capital of the country! :)

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 21, 11 at 14:11

A little jealous of your warmth, Kathy, but so glad you posted these lovelies!

Wish my Ingrid had survived and looked like that. And I have to agree with you about Crimson Bouquet, one of my best bloomers this year and the roses do last a long time. I like that Silver Star and I don't have many mauves....hmmm...I feel enabling going on here!

o

How does Silver Star last as a cut? I got it this spring as own root; had a few blooms. Mon Cheri is indeed nice.

o

I'm with mantis and loooove Silver Star and Mon Cheri. All really lovely and you lucky girl you to have sooo many pretty blooms. Thanks for sharing, Judy

o

I love those vivid colors, esp. Silver Star. Thanks for posting those bright colors - I love them!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here