Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Still have a few blooming...

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 11, 09 at 1:57

They're getting fewer and fewer. Bummer...

ELLE
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

FORGOTTEN DREAMS

GINGER ROGERS

LOIS WILSON

MAGMA

MONSIEUR TILLIER

POETRY IN MOTION

SALLY KANE

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Still have a few blooming...

Ginger Rogers looks like she's dancing.

How do you like Sally Kane? Very pretty.

o

So beautiful... I love Ginger Rogers and Magma!

o

Beth, I love your Magma, too. Sally Kane looks exquisite.
Great photos, as always.
Marina

o

Your pictures are always a treat! I love Ginger Rogers and Sally Kane. Thanks for posting,

Masha

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 11, 09 at 12:58

Thanks everybody! GINGER ROGERS is a great rose. She grows to about 5-6ft tall, if I let her go, and blooms pretty often. The blooms blow kinda fast tho. But the color is always so vibrant. SALLY KANE is interesting. She's a very strong grower, and peaked out (in a pot) at about 4ft. I think she might be a cool-weather rose. She does ok in my 100+ temps, but she's much happier in the cooler fall temps. The color changes too. She was much more of a greenish-cream in the summer, and has turned this yellowy-apricot now that it's cold. MAGMA is a good rose too. Also has more vibrant color in the cooler temps, but does great in the 100 degree temps too. Verrrrry long-lasting blooms, and nice tall plant (5ft).

o

Beth, I can totally understand that you are not too happy about that the roses are gradually shutting down :-(. But you will have all these beautiful photos to look at in the winter time :-)!

Of course you are showing some roses, again, that are new to me. I really love this!

My favorites are Elle, Lois Wilson, and Sally Kane.

Thanks for posting!

Christina

o

Beth, they maybe getting fewer and fewer but they are getting BETTER and BETTER. My picks are LOIS WILSON & GINGER ROGERS. Keep them coming for as long as you can always love viewing your roses.
Harold

o

Monsieur Tillier looks delightful, it's so nice to see blooms in autumn.

o

Lovely photos of your beautiful Roses, Beth! I especially love your MONSIEUR TILLIER! ...Missy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here