Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Betty White

Posted by iris_gal z9 CA (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 31, 13 at 3:43

One that satisfies my soul. Good fragrance too.

Betty White aka Andre le Notre aka Fredrika Bremer aka Miriam Makeba (Meilland'01)

photo BettyWhiteDSC03419_zps3eb66455.jpg

photo BettyWhiteDSC03417_zpse2aff2e5.jpg

.... and here's the unprepossesing bud - no hint of the glory to come
 photo BettyWhiteDSC03403_zps6b57bf7f.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Betty White

Rich in names, looks and fragrance.
Lovely

o

Nice! :-)

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 31, 13 at 9:19

Beautiful!

o

Scrumptious!!! :-)

o

That's a lovely rose Iris_gal, thank you for sharing.

o

I love that rose!!! It's one of my favorite roses. Mine tend to ball in the rain though.
Yours looks amazing!! I loved the first photo, but then I saw the second which is even better. Well done!
Carol

o

Thanks everyone for the compliments on 'Andre le Notre'.
I thought it strange the French should honor an American actress. Shall have to start referring to this rose as a he!?!

Canadian Rose
I'm glad to hear you love her/him too and that it will live through a hard winter. If we get decent rain this year I'll watch for 'balling'. Drought has a recompense after all!

o

Iris_gal - NO!! NO!! :)
I grow mine in pots and overwinter them in the garage. Betty White will NOT overwinter here outside. :)
Carol

o

Oops. Good for new gardeners in zone 3 to know. And me.

That's true dedication to move rose pots to protection! I don't envy you that job..

o

Yes, I have 50 rose bushes that my DH moves to the garage on a dolly. I really like protecting roses this way vs. in the ground.
Carol

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 19:27

It's pretty in all the stages!

o

Ooh, luscious. Iris, don't you just want to kick back and relax in the center of that big gorgeous bloom? I guess I'm getting a little carried away here, but that rose is outrageously beautiful. Diane

o

Thanks Seil. Nanadoll, it is outrageously beautiful. One of those 'ahhh' roses for me. I may really really like some of the others but this one . . . . oh my.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here