Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here is a link to my photo album

Posted by poorbutroserich NASHVILLE (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 10:07

http://s1242.photobucket.com/user/poorbutroserich/library/Photobucket Desktop - SUSU-DESKTOP/Austin Roses?sort=3&page=1

Here is a link that might be useful: AUSTIN ROSES

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here is a link to my photo album

Sorry if I am spamming! These are photos I took this summer at the Alnwick Castle garden. Mostly Austins but some beautiful OGRS too.
Susan

o

poorbutroserich,

The roses are beautiful. Thank you for sharing. There's a violette rose that is climbing up a large stone/brick wall, would you happen to remember the name?

Lynn

o

Lynn, it looks like in the photo after that the marker is Bleu Magenta...which would make sense since I have two of those yet to bloom. Isn't it gorgeous? That garden was simply amazing!
It's a once blooming rambler in the family of Veilchenblau (most popular) Violette (I have one yet to bloom) and something else....I believe...if my brain is functioning properly. Can't remember the fourth....

o

Also Lynn, did you see Poseidon in my other post. That is one gorgeous rose and it is so healthy here (which is really saying something). I've pulled down the canes and it is growing laterals...
Susan

o

Susan, I would love to see more photos of your Poseidon. That is one that tempts me badly

o

Kippy, I will try to get some more photos for you. Did you see the "roses recently discussed" thread? There is a photo there. Mine is very tall, like 8 ft high. I thought it was a typical HT. The buds are hot pink and slow to open with a nice fragrance. Blooms last quite awhile. It's more lavender than Love Song...Love Song finally has put out some decent blooms but the Huey rootstock just doesn't work for my garden. I will likely reorder on multiflora.
Susan

o

What a pleasure this was, Susan! This is such a beautiful and romantic garden and the roses all look perfect. There were many I would love to have, although quite a few wouldn't do well for me. It was a pleasure to see so many different roses at their best.

Ingrid

o

What a feast! Thank you for sharing. I would love to go there one day. When I see wonderful plants and flowers like that, my stress melts away and I get lost in the magic of it all. I know you have so many good ideas for your own garden now.

o

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 17, 13 at 10:35

Enjoyed looking thanks for sharing poorbutroserich! :-)

o

I just can't tell you all how heavenly that garden was. It was worth listening to my teenager complain. She had fun at the "Poison Garden" while I drooled my way around the roses. I spent several hours in that garden...Glad you enjoyed it.
Susan

o

Wow Susan 8 feet tall! Yikes!

Good thing I did not buy Poseidon. I would love to see a bush photo

o

Thanks for the pix, Susan! I enjoyed looking. Gean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here