Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nimbus, Blue for You and others...

Posted by the_dark_lady z7 Amelia VA (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 2, 09 at 10:11

Nimbus

Heather Austin (the blooms are enormous!!)

Blue for You

Grandessa

Caramel Antike

Kocher Red

Ambridge Rose

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nimbus, Blue for You and others...

Nimbus is gorgeous, I love those pointy petals. Heather Austin is beautiful too. Is it very tall for you? How is fragrance?
Thanks for posting.

Masha

o

Nimbus, Heather Austin & Blue for You are just a small hint of my favorite color perhaps that explains why I just died and went to heaven awsum pics on all of em thanks

o

You have posted quite some gorgeous rose pictures, again!

I love the lavender and mauve colored roses. Nimbus is my favorite today! Can you tell me a little bit more about this rose, since I am unfamiliar with it? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for sharing!

Christina

o

Wow, such beautiful purples!Ambridge and Caramel Antik, as lovely as EVER!

o

Thanks everybody!

Masha, Heather Austin is of medium height in my garden. It grows strong arching canes of about 4' long. For some reason I never bothered to check its fragrance. I like this rose a lot for its large blooms, normally they come in big clusters.

Christina, Nimbus is new for me. I bought it as a small band from Vintage, have it planted in the ground since spring. The bush grew nicely to about 1 1/2' x 1 1/2'. It blooms a lot for me. The description says 'strong fragrance', but I never had a sniff of it - probably because I had to bend too low :)

Marina

o

Great roses dark lady!

JIM

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 2, 09 at 21:12

Ooooh! Beautiful roses Marina! I love BLUE FOR YOU. I just ordered it from Cliff, along with a bunch of others. Can't wait to get mine. Thanks for sharing these!!

o

What some really AWESOME roses you have Marina. I would sure like to see a garden shot I just know it would be SPECTACULAR.Thanks for sharing them with us and hope to see more soon.
Harold

o

What a gorgeous red Grandessa is.

I saw at HMF it's a climber! I had never heard of this one.

o

Such delightful blooms.

Inga

o

Beautiful blooms! I want one of each. Love Nimbus and Caramel Antike. Michelle

o

Marina, thank you for providing me with more info about Nimbus. Strong fragrance or not I just couldn't get your beautiful photo of this rose out of my head, so I went to HMF and looked at more photos of Nimbus there and I was completely sold. I ended up ordering Nimbus from Vintage Gardens and can't wait to get it and see it bloom in my own garden. Thanks for enabling!

Christina

o

Christina, it is great! I am sure you will not be disappointed with this rose - it is very generous bloomer.
Marina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here