Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_dark_lady

Nimbus, Blue for You and others...

the_dark_lady
14 years ago

Nimbus

{{gwi:1284123}}

Heather Austin (the blooms are enormous!!)

{{gwi:1284125}}

Blue for You

{{gwi:1284128}}

Grandessa

{{gwi:1284130}}

Caramel Antike

{{gwi:1284131}}

Kocher Red

{{gwi:1284133}}

Ambridge Rose

{{gwi:1284136}}

Comments (13)

• mashamcl
    14 years ago

Nimbus is gorgeous, I love those pointy petals. Heather Austin is beautiful too. Is it very tall for you? How is fragrance?
    Thanks for posting.

Masha

• wesley_butterflies
    14 years ago

Nimbus, Heather Austin & Blue for You are just a small hint of my favorite color perhaps that explains why I just died and went to heaven awsum pics on all of em thanks

• organicgardendreams
    14 years ago

You have posted quite some gorgeous rose pictures, again!

I love the lavender and mauve colored roses. Nimbus is my favorite today! Can you tell me a little bit more about this rose, since I am unfamiliar with it? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for sharing!

Christina

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Wow, such beautiful purples!Ambridge and Caramel Antik, as lovely as EVER!

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everybody!

Masha, Heather Austin is of medium height in my garden. It grows strong arching canes of about 4' long. For some reason I never bothered to check its fragrance. I like this rose a lot for its large blooms, normally they come in big clusters.

Christina, Nimbus is new for me. I bought it as a small band from Vintage, have it planted in the ground since spring. The bush grew nicely to about 1 1/2' x 1 1/2'. It blooms a lot for me. The description says 'strong fragrance', but I never had a sniff of it - probably because I had to bend too low :)

Marina

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    14 years ago

Great roses dark lady!

JIM

• bethnorcal9
    14 years ago

Ooooh! Beautiful roses Marina! I love BLUE FOR YOU. I just ordered it from Cliff, along with a bunch of others. Can't wait to get mine. Thanks for sharing these!!

• phatboyrose
    14 years ago

What some really AWESOME roses you have Marina. I would sure like to see a garden shot I just know it would be SPECTACULAR.Thanks for sharing them with us and hope to see more soon.
    Harold

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

What a gorgeous red Grandessa is.

I saw at HMF it's a climber! I had never heard of this one.

• inga007
    14 years ago

Such delightful blooms.

Inga

• mommachelle
    14 years ago

Beautiful blooms! I want one of each. Love Nimbus and Caramel Antike. Michelle

• organicgardendreams
    14 years ago

Marina, thank you for providing me with more info about Nimbus. Strong fragrance or not I just couldn't get your beautiful photo of this rose out of my head, so I went to HMF and looked at more photos of Nimbus there and I was completely sold. I ended up ordering Nimbus from Vintage Gardens and can't wait to get it and see it bloom in my own garden. Thanks for enabling!

Christina

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Christina, it is great! I am sure you will not be disappointed with this rose - it is very generous bloomer.
    Marina