Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rose_mom

Rose garden Pictures

rose_mom
9 years ago

Hi there! In want to share with you a picture of my new (only 6months old) rose garden. It's only about 15' x 6'. So far I have 10 hybrid teas and one frolibunda roses.

Its getting bit cooler here, still I am happy with the harvests I am getting from this garden. I cut about 8-10 roses every 4-5 days to bring in and they last pretty well in the vase.

I am eager to see the pictures of your garden (not individual roses) too! Please share your garden snaps! We all can see the different color combinations and plan ahead for the new roses for the next year...

Comments (8)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    9 years ago

Those are gorgeous and so colorful, rosemom. Can you give the names?

Here is a shot of my garden--during July--that I've shown before. You can see the gorgeous hydrangea and some left-over purple larkspur (from earlier in the summer) mixed in there also. I like a mixture--mums are also blooming in that bed now since autumn arrived.
    {{gwi:291304}}

Those are hybrid teas along that Perfume Path (Valencia, Oklahoma, Berolina, Memoire, Red Intuition, Elle, Double Delight), plus a shrub rose (Braveheart). I also have lots of non-HTs (Austins, hybrid musks, climbers, polyanthas, etc.) in other places in the backyard.

Kate

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Rose_Mom - Your roses look great, I am wondering what varieties you have too.

I have lots of pictures, but here is a picture that represents a lot of the colors I have. Some of the varieties are Belinda's Dream, Big Momma, Sunsprite, Peace, the McCartney Rose, Liebeszauber and others.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

In this bed my Pink Peace bushes are prominent, one on each end. Also blooming are Tiffany, Midas Touch, Tropicana, Perfume Delight and others.

• shillanorth Z4 AB
    9 years ago

So wonderful to see the whole garden - my favourite pictures. Keep them coming!!

• shopshops
    9 years ago

Madame Lombard, Belinda's Dream,Thomas Affleck, The Fairy. Spring flush pics.

• royarose
    9 years ago

Rose_Mom, what's the name of the big bloom rose plant on the right side of the picture?

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Oh!!! Rosemom!!! I love the bold colors!! Your roses are gorgeous!!!! Wow!!! and Sigh!!!!

Sara Ann - your Pink Peaces are superlative examples of this rose. Wonderful!!

Here's mine:
    I grow all of my roses in pots - so I don't really have a garden shot of roses - just perennials.
    These roses are very young
    - Ch-Ching
    - Peter Mayle
    - New Zealand

• rose_mom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all for the comments! Sara-Ann, dublinbay, shopshops, and Canadian-rose: your roses are amazing!

royarose: the rose with deep pink flowers on the right side is Grande Dam. It is the most productive rose of all I have. Almost 12 to 15 buds at a time and very quick repeat, very fragrant.

From right to left in front row: Grande Dam, Memorial Day (no bloom), Shockwave (yellow), Tiffani and Tropicana.
    From right to left in the back: Climbing America, Olympiad (red), Touch of class, Octoberfest, Oklahoma and Climbing America.

Can't wait for spring, so I can add more the picture!

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living