Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Last week's blooms

bethnorcal9
13 years ago

Still have a lot blooming, despite the doe and her twins hitting almost every day....

AUDREY HEPBURN

{{gwi:1285091}}

CRISTIN CIRA

{{gwi:1285094}}

FIRST KISS - looking pinker than usual

{{gwi:1285096}}

FRENCH LACE

{{gwi:1285098}}

HOT TAMALE mini

{{gwi:1285100}}

KUROSHINJU bud - yes, it really was that black!

{{gwi:1285101}}

MAGMA

{{gwi:1285103}}

MICHELE MEILLAND

{{gwi:1285106}}

MICHELANGELO - aka THE PAINTER

{{gwi:1285108}}

NIMBUS

{{gwi:1285109}}

PACIFIC BLUE - florist rose

{{gwi:1285111}}

SECRET

{{gwi:1285114}}

TROIKA

{{gwi:1285116}}

UNKNOWN APRICOT - I have no idea what this one is... It's in a pot & could've been a mis-marked bagged bareroot, or something I lost the tag of... I dunno?

{{gwi:1285117}}

Comments (11)

• kstrong
    13 years ago

Hmmm. Very nice. That last one could be Apricot Nectar, maybe?

Kathy

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

OMG Beth. Too many gorgeous beauties!

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nah, Kathy, I have APRICOT NECTAR, and it isn't quite the same. The blooms are bigger and don't have as much yellow at the base like AN does. It actually really reminds me of MEDALLION. I guess I need to compare the foliage.

Thanks Irisgal!

• dove_song
    13 years ago

Bethie, I'm firmly convinced that living next to you or Cliff Orent would be HEAVENLY. Sooooo many wonderful roses!!! I'm exceedingly grateful that you both share yours with all of us rose lovers! :O)

Debbie

• mnkitty
    13 years ago

Beth, I can't believe how many different roses you have. The bud on that Kuroshinju is crazy (in a good way). What does it look like open? My son wants to know if it's rainbow colored. One of my daughters ran by on her way to play in the fog. She saw your Pacific Blue on the monitor and said, "That's the prettiest rose I've ever seen!" I, too, love that color. When you say florist rose, does that mean the average human can't get one?
    Thanks,
    Kitty

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Debbie! I'd love to see Cliff's place myself!!

Kitty, I just took a few more progressive pics of that KUROSHINJU bloom, and will post them after I get them downloaded. Unfortunately, the best source we had for many of the florist rose plants went out of business a few yrs ago. That was Carltons Nursery, and where I got my PACIFIC BLUE. Cliff at EuroDesert roses might have it available. I don't remember if he had it listed or AVANT GARDE, another lavender florist rose. I imagine he probably has it tho too. You might email him and ask.

• jean_ar
    13 years ago

Beautiful as usual, Beth.So many beauties.That near Black one is very odd looking.Have never seen any that black before.

Jean

• kathy9norcal
    13 years ago

What I would like to see is a posting of Beth's Top 25 roses. That is, your favorite prettys with good growth characteristics. Or--do you have too many for favoritism?
    Kathy

• paulieinct
    13 years ago

Some real beauties there, Beth. Especially 'Magma' and 'Secret'. I, too, think your unknown apricot is 'Medallion'. Thanks for sharing! -Paul

• phebee
    13 years ago

All of them are very attractive and very beautiful.

Here is a link that might be useful: asics shoes suppliers

• vabyvlue
    10 years ago

Beth,

I have been searching for 'Audrey Hepburn' forever but it is not in commerce in the US. Could you share a cutting? I would offer you a cutting of any of mine but you already grown them all. I do have hostas and a few peonies for exchange.

Masiel

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts