Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Last week's blooms

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 11, 10 at 12:05

Still have a lot blooming, despite the doe and her twins hitting almost every day....

AUDREY HEPBURN
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

CRISTIN CIRA

FIRST KISS - looking pinker than usual

FRENCH LACE

HOT TAMALE mini

KUROSHINJU bud - yes, it really was that black!

MAGMA

MICHELE MEILLAND

MICHELANGELO - aka THE PAINTER

NIMBUS

PACIFIC BLUE - florist rose

SECRET

TROIKA

UNKNOWN APRICOT - I have no idea what this one is... It's in a pot & could've been a mis-marked bagged bareroot, or something I lost the tag of... I dunno?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Last week's blooms

Hmmm. Very nice. That last one could be Apricot Nectar, maybe?

Kathy

o

OMG Beth. Too many gorgeous beauties!

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 11, 10 at 21:54

Nah, Kathy, I have APRICOT NECTAR, and it isn't quite the same. The blooms are bigger and don't have as much yellow at the base like AN does. It actually really reminds me of MEDALLION. I guess I need to compare the foliage.

Thanks Irisgal!

o

Bethie, I'm firmly convinced that living next to you or Cliff Orent would be HEAVENLY. Sooooo many wonderful roses!!! I'm exceedingly grateful that you both share yours with all of us rose lovers! :O)

Debbie

o

Beth, I can't believe how many different roses you have. The bud on that Kuroshinju is crazy (in a good way). What does it look like open? My son wants to know if it's rainbow colored. One of my daughters ran by on her way to play in the fog. She saw your Pacific Blue on the monitor and said, "That's the prettiest rose I've ever seen!" I, too, love that color. When you say florist rose, does that mean the average human can't get one?
Thanks,
Kitty

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 13, 10 at 0:11

Thanks Debbie! I'd love to see Cliff's place myself!!

Kitty, I just took a few more progressive pics of that KUROSHINJU bloom, and will post them after I get them downloaded. Unfortunately, the best source we had for many of the florist rose plants went out of business a few yrs ago. That was Carltons Nursery, and where I got my PACIFIC BLUE. Cliff at EuroDesert roses might have it available. I don't remember if he had it listed or AVANT GARDE, another lavender florist rose. I imagine he probably has it tho too. You might email him and ask.

o

Beautiful as usual, Beth.So many beauties.That near Black one is very odd looking.Have never seen any that black before.

Jean

o

What I would like to see is a posting of Beth's Top 25 roses. That is, your favorite prettys with good growth characteristics. Or--do you have too many for favoritism?
Kathy

o

Some real beauties there, Beth. Especially 'Magma' and 'Secret'. I, too, think your unknown apricot is 'Medallion'. Thanks for sharing! -Paul

o

All of them are very attractive and very beautiful.

Here is a link that might be useful: asics shoes suppliers

o

Beth,

I have been searching for 'Audrey Hepburn' forever but it is not in commerce in the US. Could you share a cutting? I would offer you a cutting of any of mine but you already grown them all. I do have hostas and a few peonies for exchange.

Masiel

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here