Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Fall blooms Part 2

bethnorcal9
13 years ago

And here's some more of the blooms from the past few days...

FOURTH OF JULY CL

{{gwi:1285141}}

GALLIVARDA

{{gwi:1285142}}

MONTEZUMA

{{gwi:1285143}}

MILESTONE

{{gwi:1285144}}

PRIMA DONNA - florist rose

{{gwi:1285145}}

REBECCA SUSAN - thrips love her too!

{{gwi:1285146}}

RED TALISMAN

{{gwi:1285147}}

ROYAL AMERICA CL - a sport of AMERICA

{{gwi:1285148}}

STOKES

{{gwi:1285149}}

TRAUMEREI

{{gwi:1285150}}

Wow, looking at these online, I see I need to take out some yellow on many of these pics. The sky was kind of cloudy and apparently cast a weird yellowish tone over everything. I didn't see it as much just going thru the pics. Shows up more online for some reason.

Comments (9)

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Beth, what is that pretty ground cover under Traumerei?
    Renee

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Renee, that's one of the many Euphorbias. I used quite a few different ones in the perimeter fence area. I don't remember what the variety name is, altho I know it's one of the smaller ones. It's very soft to the touch... spreads like a weed.

• inga007
    13 years ago

You've done it again....
    So many new roses, I have never seen before, what a lovely surprise.
    Thanks for your lovely posts.

• katefisher
    13 years ago

Thank you Beth. Truly wonderful on both posts. This has been a great Fall so far hasn't it? And the rain last weekend was most welcome. Even the bears are giving us a break finally.

Appreciate your gorgeous roses. Hope all is well.

Kate

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

While I had Montezuma I could never capture the real shade of brick. Yours is much better. Loved its lasting power in bouquets but was not a huge bloomer. Is yours????

Beautiful buds on REBECCA SUSAN & STOKES.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Inga!

Kate... BEARS?? OMG, I wouldn't be able to handle that! We have a creek way down at the bottom of our circular road, and the canyon is down below the last houses down there. The neighbors down that way had a bear visiting them for a few weeks last yr. I'm so glad we are up closer to the main road. The deer are bad enough... but BEARS??? No thanks! Did you get any rain the last couple days? We had a weird mini storm night before last, and it's been overcast ever since. Could still rain today I suppose. The oak leaves are finally beginning to fall, but my neighbor's big pistachio tree, which is usually bright yellow by now is still dark green. This is a really weird fall for us.

Irisgal, I'm lucky if I get a handful of blooms each season on my MONTEZUMA. Not a good bloomer, that's for sure! But, I always attribute it to the crappy soil in that bed. Maybe that's just not the case. There are other roses around it that do bloom much better, so maybe it just is the rose!

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

In near coastal LA area MONTEZUMA was not a quick repeater either. I sure do love its form and color.

• paulieinct
    13 years ago

Stunning pix. I'm curious about 'Royal America', sport of 'America'. Can't find it on HMF. Can you tell me where you got it? I'm growing 'America' and mine actually is putting out its fourth bloom cycle, unheard of out here in zone 5, especially climbers. I know 'Pearly Gares' is also a sport of 'America', and I plan to get it.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Paul, ROYAL AMERICA is definitely listed at HMF. It doesn't say on there what the parentage is, but I remember when it was first offered by Certified Roses, there was mention of it being a sport of AMERICA. I just looked it up in MRXI and it does say in there that it's a sport of America. It does pretty well in my garden. I have it along a fence. Doesn't repeat all that great, but it could be my crappy soil!

Here is a link that might be useful: Royal America @ HMF

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County