Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phatboyrose

Decision Decision Decision

phatboyrose
14 years ago

I just thought it might fun for everone to post their favorite rose picture of this year. Remember one and only one. Decision Decision Decision

Harold

FOLLISH PLEASURE

{{gwi:211379}}

Comments (40)

• the_dark_lady
    14 years ago

Harold, what a beauty!! I've never heard about this rose. Thank you for introduction.
    Great picture!!
    Marina

• wesley_butterflies
    14 years ago

Very nice pic A nice sharp definition of coloring. A job well done on a clean healthy rose. ummmm just one though hmmmmmmmmmmm Sorry I won't be taking that challenge on

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

My bad Marina I knew when you said that you had never heard of my rose before that I had messed up some how. Please forgive an old man. FOOLISH PLEASURE is the right name.
    Harold

• the_dark_lady
    14 years ago

Harold, you are wrong. I did figure out the name of the rose myself, when I tried to look it up on HMF, but I really never heard of this one before. I didn't mean to make fun of you.
    And I love your picture.
    Marina

• boxofrox
    14 years ago

Harold,

I know that rules are rules are rules but......Boxofrox-anna has a favorite as do I so.....

Ladies first, this is her favorite shot because of the composition she says.....the heart shape and the blue sky and the fact that it is an Abraham just like her late father :-)
    {{gwi:1257158}}

This is mine just because it was my most pleasant surprise of all my new roses this year :-)

{{gwi:1260742}}

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    14 years ago

Precious Platinum

{{gwi:1276558}}

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

I have so many beautiful singleton shots of my beloved Gemini Tree rose, individual blooms, but if I were to really show all its wonderful pristine health and beauty which it blessed me for 2 entire seasons' worth, this would be the ultimate photo because the background also shows the brilliance and colors of the other blooms. I have another gorgeous multi-blooms with the spiraling exhibition form, but rules are rules, LOL! only one allowed so I won't break the rules.

Here is the link to the other, but it's only for those who are curious since it really shouldn't be allowed to be visible for this particular thread. These are the 2 because it shows not just the exhibition quality flowers but the actual lovely foliage of what once was....

{{gwi:303079}}

• aurora1701e
    14 years ago

Wow, what a difficult decision. To select just one pic out of literally hundreds. I choose Mr. Lincoln. Not just for the beauty, but the composition of the photo and the unmatched fragrance.

{{gwi:281092}}

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Alright gang we off to a great start.Boxofrox what a distinguish looking picture your wife pick out just as the MAN it represents am sure.And your picture is just GORGEOUS, the top left rose the way it is opening is perfect.

JIM your PRECIOUS PLATINUM is really doing GREAT now I sure hope in Winters over good and with the game plan you have I'm sure it will.

Serena Serena Serena you know to get my attention. Your GEMINI is to die for, your picture posted in the past is what made up my mind that I had to have this rose.

Marina, I know enought about you that you would never make fun of or try too embarrass anyone. I all so know that this old man does mess up alot. HA HA LOL LOL
    Harold

• ramblinrosez7b
    14 years ago

I haven't posted much all this summer, in fact I don't think I posted anything....eek...I have to play catch up here but I just love all the photos so far.....Harold your "Follish" Pleasure is so pretty...LOL.
    And I really like your Gemini Serena, so clean and I like the dark pink edges. Jeff your Mr Lincoln is really gorgeous, so stunning!

It was so hard to choose just one but here is mine.
    This is Glorious

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Here's my best oddball shot.

She's a favorite for mixed bouquets --- combines well with other colors and lasts. Disease free here.

Tournament of Roses - Warriner'88

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jeff You are so right about MR. LINCOLN it's fragrance is so captivating and I don't know how you grow the most perfect specimen of this rose that I have ever seen but keep up the good work.

Ramblinrose, what a GORGEOUS rose you have choosen and I soooo love yellow roses. I've never seen this rose before but you can bet I'll be HMF this one for sure. LOL LOL

Iris gal if this is your Oddball I would truly love to see the rest of your roses. Such a pastel pink not to mention it's soft ruffley edges. I can just see it a bouquet now.LOL LOL
    Harold

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

whoo-hoo, YES, that is my ultimate favorite GW photo, yoooour! Mr. Lincoln! That array of dewdrops is so incredible! and I love stealing her beauty all the time!

Ramblin'Rozez that is one totally GLORIOUS glorious! That is perfection, the perfect OGR, stars (the ovoids) surrounding the OGR golden heart. You have got to post more of your photos!!!!!! PLEASE!

Iris Gal, that is very unique, I love Tournament's scalloped edge.

Harold, I forgot! to complement your beautiful Foolish Pleasure. I remember this rose especially! It too is my favorite of yours!

Jim your Platinum will be amazing next year, I can already tell all of its potential bursting forth! I am thinking that even if you get tons more roses, I think that Platinum will always be the Top of the Pack, LOL!

• rosemeadow_gardener
    14 years ago

Well this is a great idea for a post Harold and I LOVE all your photos everyone. All classics.
    Here is my choice

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Karen what a CAPTIVATING rose you have seclected. It looks alot like GERTRUDE JEKYLL and I know that you do grow alot of Austin roses. Thanks for sharing. LOL LOL
    Harold

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Very lovely and elegant, Karen! A sweetheart of a rose with its twin swrils.

• carrieburgess3
    14 years ago

Wow, what beautiful roses everyone has.
    This was a tough one for me but I finally decided on Margaret Merril.

Here is a link that might be useful: album

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Carrie that is a beooootiful photo! I am so glad you chose this rose to show.

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Carrie, you have truly choosen an exquisite rose. The dainty pink middle opening to beautiful full outer petals, such a lovely rose. THANKS for showing your rose.
    Harold

• mommachelle
    14 years ago

Okay, I have made my decision and let me tell you it was HARD... I am going to pick this one of Chihuly taken early in August! It is one of my oldest roses and I love that every bloom is different. Actually got to see some of Dale Chihuly's glass art when we stayed at the Bellagion in Vegas last October - absolutely gorgeous just like this rose. Michelle
    {{gwi:1285419}}From Favorites of 2009

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Machelle what a WONDERFUL rose you have chosen. The colors really pop out at you. I HMF this rose and I can see why you love this rose, whats not to love about it. I'm sooo glad you chose to share it with us.
    Harold

• markiz37
    14 years ago

Vino Rosso

• mommachelle
    14 years ago

Markiz - your pic is stunning! I am definetly adding Vino Rosso to my "must have" list. My hubby likes the darker colored roses best (I have Ink Spots which is similar in color to your Vino Rosso)so this is definetly one to add to my garden. Thank you so much for sharing this picture. Michelle

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Markiz FABULOUS just FABULOUS such a blood red. I might have to add this one to my garden also. Thanks for your post.
    Harold

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Lana, that is such a gorgeous ruby-red, mysterious rose. Very striking and it reeeeeally glows! FABULOUS!

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Markiz I ordered VINO ROSSO today from K&M ROSES, Mr. Mills will be bring it to our rose society meeting this coming Monday night. Again THANKS for your post.
    Harold

• markiz37
    14 years ago

Harold, I love my Vino Rosso rose for its unique color and form. I ordered this one from Wisconsin Roses 3 years ago. It is small, only 2,5 feet in my garden. I have 3 flashes per season, though it receives less than 6 hours of sunlight a day. Last year it got Powdery Mildew but this year it is suprisingly clean.
    Another photo

{{gwi:1285421}}

• calif_sue
    14 years ago

I don't post here often lately but love looking at beautiful pictures. This was my favorite shot this year of Chicago Peace.

From Favorite Rose Images

• rev_roses
    14 years ago

Here is my Heritage.

Scott

Here is a link that might be useful:

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Calif Sue, what a EXQUISITE picture of CHICAGO PEACE, you have captured it in it's perfect form and coloration ,and some really Outstanding Photography. THANK for your wonder rose.
    Harold

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Scott, what a Wonderful rose you have choosen. I love Austin Roses. They say HERITAGE has a strong lemon fragrance to it. I noticed that the foliage was really health, you must be doing something right to have such a STUNNING speciment of this rose. THANKS for sharing with us.
    Harold

• rev_roses
    14 years ago

Harold, thanks I have always loved Heritage. The range of rose fragrances is really astounding and Heritage is unique. This would be my second favorite picture of the year.

This is Mary Rose after a morning rain.

Scott

• rev_roses
    14 years ago

Since I just figured out how to post the picture with my post, here is my Heritage opening.

Scott

• msjam2
    14 years ago

Pat Austin

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Calif-Sue and MSJam2, please COME BY MORE OFTEN! These are absolutely gorgeous beautiful photos!!!!! Stop being once-in-a-blue-moon visitors! LOL, LOL! Calif-Sue your name always appears at Dave's Garden so please visit us more frequently. Your Chicago Peace is so beautiful!

Well-rounded it's nice seeing your pretty roses.

Lana, as you can tell how much Harold and I are so inspired by your garden. Except, LOL! I am sure Harold will do justice to your roses unlike me! We both are ordering YOUR FOLKLORE! and now Harold's got Your Vino Russo. I am also severely tempted with your Violon d'Ingres, but I only want exceptional-fragranced roses and have no idea what its fragrance is like. I love your Violon d'Ingres...so even though it didn't make the cut in your final decision, I think of it as an outstanding Romantic Antique Rose because of both its beauty and uniqueness.

Harold, LOL! as you can tell we are all having a hard time just putting up one! favorite rose photo. Harold in another thread you will have to update us on all your additions! I can't wait to see your Gemini. I have 2 more pretty, lovely Gemini photos in my lumpy garden thread. They're not as classically beautiful as in this thread and as in my 2nd and 3rd flushes, but they're still the prettiest of this 4th flush that I've got. Gemini has several new baby stems popping out and I can't wait to see the new baby leaves come out. They're looking really good and healthy!

P.S. Harold, poor Jim! Be sure to check my email. I emailed you but sometimes emails get lost in the Spam folder or the Junk Mail box so be sure to check those folders. Looks like we need another set of Get Well Bouquet Wishes. Maybe you can get some baby Vino Russo and Gemini photos going for him! He loves seeing the entire plant, so I bet those would cheer him up in that we are thinking of him!

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Msjam CAPTIVATING simply CAPTIVATING you have managed to catch PAT AUSTIN in its perfect bloom cycle and with the lighting just excellent. But as proud as I am of this picture your holding out on us I see those BEAUTIFUL blooms lurking in the background. Come on now no hold back PLEASE share with us.
    Harold

• msjam2
    14 years ago

Harold, the yellow rose in the background is Honey Perfume, the pink on the right is Tiffany. I have several roses in this bed. Christopher Marlowe, Mary Magdalene, Louise CLements and Heirloom.
    Glad you liked the photo. :)

• mlee58
    14 years ago

Miniature Rose "Arcanum"

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mlee58 what a AWESOME rose I've came close to ordering this several times but after seeing your beautiful specimen I'm putting it on my to get list for this spring. THANKS for sharing with us and let us see more PLEASE!!
    Harold

• rev_roses
    14 years ago

Msjam, After looking at your Pat Austin over and over agian, I have already ordered it for the Spring. Amazing.

Scott