Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flaurabunda

Chicago Botanical Gardens, 10/2/2010

flaurabunda
13 years ago

Made the 4-hour trek up yesterday, and took about 200 pictures. Unfortunately, with the rotten weather and wind, probably only 25% of the pics turned out decent. Hard to snap pictures with 35 - 40 mph wind gusts blowing the blooms all over creation.

The DH and I were very impressed with the rose garden. I'm going out on a limb to say that they must be spraying; I'll post another thread with the unsprayed roses for comparison.

Charles Aznavour or Seduction (I'd never seen this rose until now and I'm not sure what everyone commonly calls it. Both names are listed on HMF.)

A big mass of Crimson Bouquet

Distant Drums - I gotta get this one!

Fashion, from a distance, to show how many they plant together:

Fashion, up close:

Honey Perfume Wow, does she smell purty!!

Honey Perfume

A weird shot of Ingrid Bergman. Sunlight conditions were schizoid, to say the least. Rain on & off all day, and in the middle of snapping pictures it would go from overcast to blinding flashes.

This one shows how Ingrid fades. I've heard that she's beautiful & fragrant, but I really didn't get much scent from the 100 roses in this plot. My DH & I were much more impressed with several other reds.

Mass of Ingrid Bergman:

Kaleidescope was a pretty surprise:

Husband has a new favorite after encountering Love:

Well.....that's all for this post. I'll have to make a follow up for the roses from M --> Z. Enjoy!

---Laura

Comments (4)

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz