Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chicago, part deux

Posted by flaurabunda 5b (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 3, 10 at 12:56

Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn Monroe

This one was a totally pleasant surprise introduction. This is a shrub called Midwest Living. They have it planted on the backside of a bed of Crimson Bouquet, and it's very vigorous, large, and blooming like crazy. Smells nice and has good form for a shrub.

Midwest Living

Midwest Living

Midwest Living

Nevada

Nevada

Jim had posted some pics of Outta the Blue and it stoked my curiosity. It's certainly a beauty in person, and the blooms were a lot larger than I expected. My husband's hand is in there for comparison to hold it still in the wind:

Outta the Blue

Outta the Blue

Outta the Blue

Outta the Blue

By far, this rose bed attracted the most attention from visitors in the garden. Nobody could pass by without stopping & gasping for breath. Talk about a mini with some serious punch! Here's Rainbow's End:
Rainbows End

Rainbows End

Rainbows End

Rainbows End in the foreground, with Love and Peace behind:
Rainbows End, Love and Peace

Strike it Rich packs a lot of color into its medium to small blooms:
Strike It Rich

Strike It Rich

This was one of my top 3 after seeing it in person. It's Winter Sunset, and it is gorgeous, hardy, pure in color and form, and has no browning or fading anywhere:

Winter Sunset

Winter Sunset

Happy Sunday everyone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chicago, part deux

Winter Sunset is lovely.

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 central pa (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 3, 10 at 18:37

All your roses look great flaurabunda! I see you have Outta the Blue, is yours grafted or own-root?

o
ooops

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 central pa (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 3, 10 at 18:41

I just noticed that your pics are from the Chicago Gardens. lol.
So, never mind my question above. lol
You took some great rose pics, I'm going to check out Part 1. Thanks for sharing these!

o

Oh Jim, if only mine were that large & lovely....we were just lucky that so many were blooming when we got there.

o

Those are some clean and healthy roses. Thanks for sharing. -Paul

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here