Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blooms from the last three days- pic heavy!

Posted by tnangela (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 6, 09 at 14:14

Little Emma. Has turned out to be a fine color.
Photobucket

Green-tone Poulsen Patiohit thing.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Tangerine-tone Poulsen Patiohit
Photobucket

Betty Boop
Photobucket

Graham Thomas x KO seedling
Photobucket

little Carefree Delight seedling
Photobucket

rained on Rosemary Harkness
Photobucket

and after she's faded
Photobucket

unknown name rooted florist rose (again)
Photobucket

Belinda's Dream
Photobucket

Monkshood
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blooms from the last three days- pic heavy!

Great roses tnangela! Thanks for sharing!

JIM

o

Nice pics and thanks for the display of the unknown name rooted florist rose I was under an impression that such roses are breed just for the local flower shops , grocery store displays ect.. during this prodution I read that they have had there fragerance is totaly removed, or greatly reduced resulting in a great reduction on disease.

I had an idea that they could be propergated by cutting nice color. My question is does its fragerance return to any degree at all ???

o

Very nice photos of some lovely looking roses Angela, I especially like the Green-tone Poulsen Patiohit, where did you get it?

o

I bought these patiohit roses at Ingles... for .99c, I'm such a sucker for a bargain. I wait for them to drop their buds and start to look ragged and then the florist at Ingles clearances them out to .99c! There's five own root roses in each pot so I just can't resist. Put them in some nutritious dirt, larger pot and some sun and they take off. I have another that is 'deep pink'... almost muave, sort of reminds me of Twilight Skies but with more yellow tones.

I did similar with the Valentines Day (real florist) roses. I waited until after VD day and bought several dozen of different colors for $6 and rooted them... they didn't come with names much less a patent. I have the large standard red (baccara?), a white (I seem to remember this one was fragrant), a very nice tangerine similar in color to that poulsen tangerine rose, and this yellow. Some of them I have a couple of... I need to tag them while they are blooming. Obviously grown outside and under my unskillful hand (not a exhibition rose pruner) they do not produce florist buds. I'll have to check again for sure but I think this yellow has a slight fragrance.

o

Some really nice roses Angela I especially like your ROSEMARY HARKNESS. Thanks for sharing them with us and keep them coming.
Harold

o

Can't resist...
(just a couple more)

Patiohit
Photobucket

Anne Harkness
Photobucket

Eclipse
Photobucket

o

Wow, I like the color of the monkshood, nice pics of the seedlings.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here