Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Before-the-rain bouquets

Posted by kathy9norcal CA 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 14:30

Three days of rain has been the prediction, so I went out yesterday to cut some roses before the storm comes.

Black Magic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Before-the-rain bouquets

Oooooh!!! Your Black Magic bouquet is very dramatic and took away my breath. Both bouquets are lovely!!

What is the name of the big yellow rose at the bottom?? Is it Jean Gioni (sp?)?
Carol

o

OUTSTANDING !!!!!!! My kind of boohket :-)

o

Yes, Carol, it is Jean Giono. Funny, I had to have this rose when I read its description even before seeing it.

o

Wow, great blooms, beautiful bouquets.

o

I especially like the variety of gorgeous blooms in your first bouquet--it's positively mouthwatering! Diane

o

Every year I wonder about getting Jean Giono. Do you think it's worth it? The bloom is sure gorgeous. How is the scent?
Carol

o

Carol, I can't speak for the scent but will have DH let me know. I really love this rose. It blooms a good amount if deadheaded and I just love the colors and bloom style. Each year it gets better. If I were to move, I would definitely want another one.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 25, 12 at 20:07

Two beautiful bouquets, Kathy! Love the mix of fall colors in the first one!

o

And the blooms look much larger than I thought they would be. Quite a different looking rose. I like it!!
Carol

o

My Jean Giono came as a very spindly bare root. After a year of very little growth I've put it back in a pot and want to place it another spot and give it a chance. I'm in the 9 climate zone so I'm wondering about size. We have very warm summers so most things get bigger than the descriptions.
Yours is beautiful and healthy.

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 20:56

Beautiful Kathy! I keep forgetting you guys out in CA are still getting roses this time of year :)

Tammy

o

Your flowers colour is very nice and interesting and also these flowers use in decoration places.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here