Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Waaaah......Part 3

boxofrox
9 years ago

The old garden, she ain't quite done yet :-)

AD

WS2000

CP

DD

Unknown Rescue Red

Jack in the Dahlia stalk

Comments (11)

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Abraham D. is gorgeous. Showing the peachy pink I'm crazy about. And Chicago P. is still one of my top 3 fav hybrid teas. We're at 100 F. at noon today. So glad the roses aren't in a flush. Humidity is around 20%.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Good gravy who is the dark dahlia? They are all so stinking pretty! I cut a bunch of dahlias today thanks to the rain knocking over some of my badly staked stalks. Your bouquet is beautiful!! Judy

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

iris,

Ca has had some sick weather this year, I even hear talk of dry spigots and no flushie. Cain't imagine how one would cope :-(

Honest Abe is just a superstar for me. My three give me hundreds of blooms all season. And that sweet fragrance is awful close to my alltime fav. Now if he would just be better when cut......

Judy, that purple pup is flat prolific. They bloom faster than I can cut them. I wish my oranges would keep up, that's a stellar combo......IMNSVHO :-)

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

May be quite wrong but Boxo's dk. purple dahlia looks a lot like pictures I've seen of Thomas Edison.

Waaaah. I miss the PNW. Only one heat wave I remember. Surprises me the few open blooms on 'Colette' aren't fried.

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

iris......

very unique year here this summer, 45 +/- days of 80 plus this summer almost unheard of. We had a very wet spring so water reserves not a prob. I hand water my entire garden and poured copious amounts but I had a bounty like none other before. I just triple 16d everything and poured the water to it and it was just spectacular. My hydrangeas were so prolific I couldn't cut them fast enough and most of my roses were stellar as well.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Thanks iris! I thought that was prob it. Love it!

Ok boxo what is triple 16? So you feed everything that and water in and BOOM, bloom city!! I wanna try it. Judy

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Judy,

I use triple 16 on my lawn (16-16-16) and because I don't use any type of sprays for BS or aphids or ...on my roses (due to my belief that systemics and sprays just might kill bees) I fertilize ALL my garden with various amounts of one type fertilizer. I use Lilly Miller brand just because that's what's available reasonably priced. I don't do teas or anything else. Roses are pretty much like daphnes and hydrangeas and dahlias to me as far as a % in my garden and it just works to simplify my tasks :-)

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Thanks boxo! I love hearing what others use or don't use in their gardens! Yours is always so beautiful and healthy. Thanks again, Judy

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

I am wanting to grow some dahlias!

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

You can really grow Chicago Peace. Every picture you have of it is STUNNING!!!! I think that's my favorite of your roses. WOW!!

Your WS2000 is also gorgeous!!! Wow!!
    Love, love them all!!!
    Carol

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    9 years ago

Fantastic bouquet and pics of your roses and other goodies Boxo! :-)