Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

The latest blooms 1

bethnorcal9
13 years ago

Here's some of the latest blooms from the last week. It takes me so long to get all the pics tweaked after I download them, that it seems like that's all I do!! I need a new computer really badly!! Mine's soooo slow!

BARBRA STREISAND

{{gwi:1287287}}

BOLSHOI

{{gwi:1287288}}

BRIGADOON

{{gwi:1199513}}

EMMA

{{gwi:1287289}}

OPHELIA

{{gwi:1287290}}

PINK FAVOURITE

{{gwi:1287291}}

PRINCESS ROYAL

{{gwi:1287292}}

SEVENTH HEAVEN

{{gwi:341841}}

SOLITUDE

{{gwi:1287293}}

SPIRIT OF PEACE

{{gwi:1287294}}

TEDDY BEAR mini

{{gwi:1287295}}

WHITE GENE BOERNER

{{gwi:1287296}}

Comments (6)

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    13 years ago

Interesting. Your Solitude is nice. Your Pink Favorite looks somewhat darker than mine, but that is not unusual. I know nothing about White Gene Boerner, but I haven't noticed the regular pink one quill like that. Barbara Streisand was a real problem for me until I started spraying her with the harpin spray. End of blackspot for her. She has done well ever since. Your Emma is respectable. Thanks for posting these. I always look.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bustopher, PINK FAVOURITE is a bit darker than I had expected it to be. I have it planted in a bed of yellow and light pink roses, and blends thereof. It doesn't bloom all that often, and when it does, it sticks out like a sore thumb! WHITE GENE BOERNER is an oddity. Doesn't bloom all that often, and after about 8yrs is still a very whimpy little plant. Yeah BARBRA STREISAND is definitely a BS magnet. I don't spray. I got her as a bareroot yrs ago from (probably) Regan's and I think I planted her with the bud union waaaay too high out of the ground. She has struggled to make it all these yrs, but this season she finally has done better, since I plopped a big blob of mulch over the base. And EMMA is a very lovely rose. I highly recommend her! Decent repeat and gorgeous blooms. Not much disease that I recollect.

• mnkitty
    13 years ago

Beth, I'm having 'puter problems too. Not very fun. Your Barbara Streisand is so pretty. My husband won't let me get her because of the name. I don't know what he has against her. Ophelia looks so sweet. On my monitor the color of Pink Favourite is really pretty.
    Thanks,
    Kitty

• jean_ar
    13 years ago

More Beauties, Beth. I love BRIGADOON.I had it once but I lost it/The black spot was so bad on it and Barbara S too.I dug her up and put it in the trash.She was always the first one to get Blackspot and shed all her leaves.

Jean

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Love 7th Heaven's color in this picture!!!

And would love to see Emma's color in person. Looks like a elegant pale peachy pink.
    Oh, good. I see your comment. Very lovely. High praise.

Brigadoon is such a good cut rose. I think I'd be willing to spray this one. Ophelia's petals look like they have great substance? Very pretty.

Thanks Beth.

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Love love love Brigadoon. It is a spectacular cut rose.
    Renee