Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krista_5ny

Liv Tyler/ Comtesse de Provence

Krista_5NY
12 years ago

Liv Tyler is new to the garden, planted this past spring. For those who like fragrant roses, this is one to add to the Wish List!

I have planted it amongst Austins and antiques, and it gives a nice bit of color to the pastel garden.

{{gwi:215618}}

Comments (18)

• TNY78
    12 years ago

I love Romanticas! So far I only have Rouge Royal...but give me time.... :)

• organicgardendreams
    12 years ago

Krista, I love your photos of Liv Taylor/Comtesse de Provence! I had seen it in a friend's garden and was also very impressed by the look and the fragrance was really strong and pleasant. Seems to be a truly good rose!

Thanks for posting!

Christina

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

Boo hoo! Mine died for some reason and I absolutely loved her. Your pics are beautiful!! Judy

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

It's beautiful, Krista!

• inga007
    12 years ago

I love the rich shade. My fave. being the third photo.

• Krista_5NY
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, to all.

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Oooooh!!! I love pink roses with that shape!!!! Just an incredible looking rose!! And it has wonderful fragrance too!!! Oh my!!!!

Carol

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Lovely color. Thanks!
    Renee

• Krista_5NY
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you.

Strawberryhill, I think you'll like this rose.... it has a unique fragrance, and really nice.

• zjw727
    11 years ago

How has this rose performed for you since this thread was started? Have you had problems with disease? What is its growth habit like? I've often wondered if the Romanticas like heat more than DA's. This particular Romantica seems to have a good reputation for both strong fragrance AND good vase-life...

• Krista_5NY
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It's a great rose, highly recommended.

In my no-spray garden setting it gets blackspot and drops its leaves; however, it does well.

It has an upright habit. It's a sturdy rose, a good bloomer.

The blooms have a more vibrant color than the Austins. It is very fragrant.

• onederw
    11 years ago

Krista, your photos remind me of why I had planted it, but those lovely blooms were a sight I saw far too seldom. I suspect Liv really disliked our southern California dry heat--whether this was a problem with all Liv Tylers or just a quirk of my particular plant, I do not know. She bloomed in April, then was completely inert through the rest of the spring, summer and early fall, reblooming only sometimes in October. Belinda's Dream now sits where she used to be.

Kay

• jktx55
    11 years ago

Thank you for sharing your beautiful rose.

• kittymoonbeam
    11 years ago

The fragrance is special. I hope it does well for me. I planted her in front of Crown Princess Margareta.

• amberroses
    11 years ago

I made a discovery. My Liv Tyler bloomed for the first time today and I remembered people said it had an unusual scent. I sniffed it and recognized it somehow. It finally clicked in my mind that it smells like Souvenir de Malmaison!

• Krista_5NY
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, to all.

Amberrose, I was thinking the same thing last summer, that it reminded me of SDLM! I wonder if they share an ancestor in their lineages.

• Sumera 9a_Houston
    2 years ago

Any update on this rose? How has it done for people in zone 9, hot humid areas like Texas.