Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Liv Tyler/ Comtesse de Provence

Posted by krista_4 NY (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 10, 11 at 16:18

Liv Tyler is new to the garden, planted this past spring. For those who like fragrant roses, this is one to add to the Wish List!

I have planted it amongst Austins and antiques, and it gives a nice bit of color to the pastel garden.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Liv Tyler/ Comtesse de Provence

• Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 10, 11 at 16:53

I love Romanticas! So far I only have Rouge Royal...but give me time.... :)

o

Krista, I love your photos of Liv Taylor/Comtesse de Provence! I had seen it in a friend's garden and was also very impressed by the look and the fragrance was really strong and pleasant. Seems to be a truly good rose!

Thanks for posting!

Christina

o

Boo hoo! Mine died for some reason and I absolutely loved her. Your pics are beautiful!! Judy

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 10, 11 at 22:27

It's beautiful, Krista!

o

I love the rich shade. My fave. being the third photo.

o

Thank you, to all.

o

Oooooh!!! I love pink roses with that shape!!!! Just an incredible looking rose!! And it has wonderful fragrance too!!! Oh my!!!!

Carol

o

Krista: The best I have seen for pink. It will be my list to plant next year. Thanks for enabling! I love dark pink and yellow.

o

Lovely color. Thanks!
Renee

o

Thank you.

Strawberryhill, I think you'll like this rose.... it has a unique fragrance, and really nice.

o

• Posted by zjw727 Coastal Oregon Zone (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 11:53

How has this rose performed for you since this thread was started? Have you had problems with disease? What is its growth habit like? I've often wondered if the Romanticas like heat more than DA's. This particular Romantica seems to have a good reputation for both strong fragrance AND good vase-life...

o

It's a great rose, highly recommended.

In my no-spray garden setting it gets blackspot and drops its leaves; however, it does well.

It has an upright habit. It's a sturdy rose, a good bloomer.

The blooms have a more vibrant color than the Austins. It is very fragrant.

o

Krista, your photos remind me of why I had planted it, but those lovely blooms were a sight I saw far too seldom. I suspect Liv really disliked our southern California dry heat--whether this was a problem with all Liv Tylers or just a quirk of my particular plant, I do not know. She bloomed in April, then was completely inert through the rest of the spring, summer and early fall, reblooming only sometimes in October. Belinda's Dream now sits where she used to be.

Kay

o

Thank you for sharing your beautiful rose.

o

The fragrance is special. I hope it does well for me. I planted her in front of Crown Princess Margareta.

o

I made a discovery. My Liv Tyler bloomed for the first time today and I remembered people said it had an unusual scent. I sniffed it and recognized it somehow. It finally clicked in my mind that it smells like Souvenir de Malmaison!

o

Thank you, to all.

Amberrose, I was thinking the same thing last summer, that it reminded me of SDLM! I wonder if they share an ancestor in their lineages.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here