Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Still have some blooms

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 30, 09 at 16:34

Even tho it's getting cold, I've still got tons of blooms opening up. Some look pretty good, and others not so much! These are decent ones from yesterday and today.

ELIZABETH HARKNESS
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

JAMES BIDDLE

MODERN MAGIC

"NOT MADRAS" - Got this from Vintage about 6yrs ago, and it's definitely not MADRAS! Pretty tho.

PINK LUSTRE

PURPLE TIGER

ROYAL ASCOT

SHREVEPORT

THE LADY

TINEKE

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Still have some blooms

Wow, nice shots! The Vintage mystery is beautiful, and so is James Biddle (never heard of him before). How is his fragrance?

Masha

o

WOW!! is the right word they are all sooo Beautiful and I really like MORERN MAGIC & MADRAS ??. THANKS for sharing.
Harold

o

I was oddly attracted to Purple Tiger coming out of the rain pic (very neat)"Tons" way cool no way would that happen here
Good job Beth Thanks for sharing.
Wes

o

yeah, wow! very nice roses!

o

Shreveport is perfect for Halloween.

Is its color affected by weather? Some of the HMF pics show a blush (?) orange. TIA

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 30, 09 at 22:41

Masha, I dunno if JAMES BIDDLE smells or not! Seems like I did take a whiff yesterday and there wasn't much. It's so cold right now, not many of even the stinkiest roses seem to smell. JB came from either Hortico or Pickering many many yrs ago. He gets pretty tall.. like 5ft+ and blooms pretty frequently.

Thanks Harold and Jim!

Wes, that's actually sprinkler water on PURPLE TIGER. We haven't had rain for a couple weeks.

Iris gal, my SHREVEPORT is almost always a deep, non-fading orange blend.

o

Beth, all of your roses look good, I especially like Purple Tiger, its on my list for next spring.

o

All very beautiful Beth, but my favorite is James Biddle which is gorgeous and new to me. I love seeing exciting new roses that I otherwise would never know about. Thanks so much.

Ingrid

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here