Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_dark_lady

A few blooms in between rains

the_dark_lady
12 years ago

There was a brief break in rain today and I managed to walk around and take a few pics.

Please take a look.

Munstead Wood is back to its 'spring' color - very deep wine-purple.

{{gwi:1288492}}

Rhode Island Red looks wonderful. I cut most of the flowers for the bouquet couple of days ago, that's why I am showing three pictures of the same bloom :) One of my favorite 'red' roses.

{{gwi:1288493}}

{{gwi:1288494}}

{{gwi:1288495}}

A lonely bloom on Purple Splash

{{gwi:1288496}}

Frederic Mistral is heavy with numerous flowers, which are much larger in size now

{{gwi:1288497}}

Gentle beauty of Eglantyne

{{gwi:1197194}}

Nadia Renaissance

{{gwi:1288498}}

Huge, deeply cupped bloom of Othello

{{gwi:1288499}}

I hope you enjoyed my roses :)

Marina

Comments (11)

• TNY78
    12 years ago

Love them Marina! Rhose Island Red has those great big globular blooms that I love! In all of the pictures I've seen of Munstead Wood when I've thought of adding it to my collection, it always looks more magenta, but yours appears to be that deep sangria/merlot color of some of the old gallicas...does it usually bloom that way in the spring and fall?

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Wow!!

Munstead Wood is incredible!!! I adore how beautiful the blooms look with the purplish leaves.

Rhodes Island Red is amazing too!!! That's the bloom shape I like the best for reds.

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Carol

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Tammy and Carol!

Tammy, yes, in my garden Munstead Wood has this marvelous color only in spring and fall. During summer heat the color is non descript magenta.
    Here are a few pictures of Munstead Wood made this spring.

{{gwi:1288500}}

{{gwi:1199697}}

{{gwi:1199700}}

• inga007
    12 years ago

Love the Munstead wood, but the Rhode Island Red is such an incredibly beautiful red colour, it's going to be my favorite red too.
    All the roses are delightful.

• organicgardendreams
    12 years ago

Gosh, Marina, your roses are gorgeous, I certainly enjoy seeing them! 'Munstead Wood' is my absolute favorite color-wise. I need to get that rose... I really do like 'Rhode Island Red' a lot, too. Wonderful flower shape! Othello is another favorite of mine. Your photo of Frederic Mistral reminds me that I finally have to get mine in the ground. This rose is so beautiful and the fragrance is to die for.

Thanks for another great photo post!

Christina

• TNY78
    12 years ago

Thanks for posting a copule more pics of Munstead Wood...now I definitly want it! :)
    ~Tammy

• strawchicago z5
    12 years ago

I love the color of Othello - I can see why it's worth the thorns. Thanks for incredibly gorgeous pics.

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you very much, dear ladies! :)
    Marina

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

Luuuuv Othello and Munstead. Gorgeous photos and gorgeous roses. My Munstead has those pretty colors in the spring and fall too but have no blooms at the moment due to the deer having a party with all my roses as their buffett!! Grrrr...... Judy

• eakelso
    12 years ago

Oh that Munstead Wood! Just gorgeous.....

Rhode Island Red is beautiful too. More to add to my list. Thanks for sharing!

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Ahhhh, beautiful deep wine reds! and the brighter red of Rhode Island is fabulous too! Frederic Mistral is lovely too!