Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

The rest of the blooms....

bethnorcal9
12 years ago

Here's the rest of the pics...

IMAGINE

{{gwi:1288507}}

JALITAH - baby from Cliff that promptly died after blooming...

{{gwi:1288508}}

JUST JOANNA

{{gwi:1288509}}

KISS OF FIRE

{{gwi:1288510}}

LADY LIKE

{{gwi:1288511}}

LAVENDER FOLIES

{{gwi:1204573}}

LOVE'S KISS

{{gwi:1198481}}

LUCE DI TODI

{{gwi:1288512}}

MAVRIK

{{gwi:1288513}}

OYSTER PEARL

{{gwi:1288514}}

PAINTER'S PALETTE

{{gwi:1196802}}

PASADENA STAR

{{gwi:1288515}}

SISTERS AT HEART

{{gwi:1209378}}

SIMSALABIM

{{gwi:1196808}}

SOUTH AFRICA

{{gwi:1209379}}

SPARTAN (I think?)

TRAVIATA - not the Romantica one

VALENCIA

Here is a link that might be useful: My albums

Comments (16)

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Wowza!!!!! Imagine, Kiss of Fire, Spartan, Mavrik, Love's Kiss look amazing! And people who love stripeys and the unusuals like me are enjoying your stripeys to the Tee!

Love LUCE DI TODI reminds me so much of my Lincolns!

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! Sorry about Jalitah, pretty rose.

• ron_and_susan
    12 years ago

Beth--Where in the world did you get "Simsalabim"? I thought that it was a one on a kind. Wouldn't mind having that rose myself. Great shots.--Ron

• lenie
    12 years ago

Wow beautiful roses I especially like simsalabim!!

• TNY78
    12 years ago

My favs are Lavendar Folies, Kiss of Fire, and Valencia...all beauties! ...and that simsalabim is just outstanding!

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

my fzvorites are ALL OF THEM, especisslly thr stripeys.love them.

• inga007
    12 years ago

Surprise, surprise, to me at least, there are several of your lovely roses I have never seen before.

Thanks for posting.

• strawchicago z5
    12 years ago

I love the yellows and dark pink. That Simsalabim looks like a chocolate candy - Yum! Thanks for yummy pictures and delightful colors.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

I always know your post are going to have some not seen much roses. Always gorgeous. Judy

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    12 years ago

Goodness, most of those I've never heard of before! What a treat to see!

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everybody!

Seil, I think the dog pulled up JALITAH... or the deer. It was halfway out of the soil and all dried up before I noticed it. Either that, or somehow the roots rotted.

As for SIMSALABIM... I wish I could give you all the name of the person I got it from, but he has no intentions of propagating any more of them. He did a few and sold them off, and does not want anyone contacting him about doing any more. Sorry. And please don't ask me for cuttings, because the plant is not big enough to offer cuttings right now. If you can find stems of it at your local florist, try rooting them! That's what he did. I'm just very thankful he had one for me. I had gotten a barely-rooted cutting from Cliff before he sent all his babies to Vintage. But unfortunately, it died.

• ron_and_susan
    12 years ago

Beth-- I know you can't get Simsalabim in the US but do you know the florist they used to order the blooms they used to root this rose? --Thanks--Ron(PS--I tried our local florist and they could not help me.)

• kstrong
    12 years ago

Well, actually, there is one plant of Simsalabim for sale in the U.S. this year. This plant, which fills out a five gallon can nicely, will be auctioned off at the CCRS rare rose auction two weekends from now:

{{gwi:336257}}

And this is the week old bloom hiding in the above shot:
    {{gwi:336258}}

And I can tell you this about trying to get cuttings from a florist. I've been trying to get them from the same source that the person from which my plant originated got them, which he said was Costco. That was three years ago, and before I got a plant myself a year back, I was haunting Costco's florist section for a couple of years, and not once had either I or the person who stocks that section ever seen a striped rose there. And I also regularly stopped by the local florist's supply warehouse in Carlsbad -- which is where florist cut flowers are distributed for the entire western U.S. -- never there either, but I often find other interesting stripey things there.

So I think this plant might well be it. Online bids are accepted up until 12 noon on Saturday, Nov. 12, and we do ship for the cost of postage, at your option, now or in the spring, and in the can or barerooted.

Here is a link that might be useful: CCRS Auction bidding Instructions

• ron_and_susan
    12 years ago

Beth--I checked out "Helped Me Find" a few minutes ago and found about 6 pics people had posted on this rose from all over the US on this rose which kinda amazed me because I know that all these people did not get their bush from a rooted cutting so I will keep on trying to find a source for this rose if possible. Thank you Beth for this info. --Ron

• kstrong
    12 years ago

For awhile there, Cliff at Eurodesert had them. He got his plant from the same place I got mine with the original source of the cutting being, allegedly, Costco. And I think Cliff sold as many of them as he could get to root. So that's probably why at least some of those people have them.

Kathy

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My plant came from the same person Cliff got his from. If I remember he did say he got the stems at Costco. I haven't been to Costco in over 3yrs. I know the one in Chico used to get a lot of RED INTUITIONS and occasionally some ABRACADABRAs in. There are a lot of online florist companies where you can custom order specific roses. Don't know if any of those might have it or not.