Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melian1212

Newie showing her first garden!

melian1212
11 years ago

Here are a couple of pictures from my garden down here in sunny Argentina! It's a 3 years old garden with a lot of trees (too many) and some roses (I�m looking for disease resistant, very full plants and we don�t have many varieties to choose from so I�m just trying them out and learning as I go...) I�m very happy this year, some BS but they are holding on... I don�t know the name of the pink climber by the window and would apreciate your help!

There are a couple of Austins: Cottage rose, Scepter d�isle, Gertrude Jekill, Charllote, Graham Thomas, Mary Rose, Heritage and Geoff Hamilton... A couple of HTs : Violon D�Ingres...Some Floribundas: Charles Aznavour, Coumtesse Du Barry, and 6 Icebergs in the front garden... The climbers are Sally Holmes, Iceberg, Clair Matin and Kronemberg...

Hope you enjoy my photos as I enjoy yours!

Comments (23)

• melian1212
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Unknown rose...

• melian1212
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Panoramic

• melian1212
    Original Author
    11 years ago

One more

• TNY78
    11 years ago

How pretty! I really like your unknown pink rose :)

Tammy

• melian1212
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Violon d' Ingres and Clair Matin.

• melian1212
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Unknown rose again...

• melian1212
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Close up

• melian1212
    Original Author
    11 years ago

One more...

• melian1212
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sally Holmes hidden by larkspur...

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

Beautiful roses and garden, the larkspur is delightful with the roses.

• kathy9norcal
    11 years ago

Wonderful photos of a really pretty garden. Thanks for showing us!

• sunnync
    11 years ago

What a lovely graden and beautiful roses. Thanks for sharing.

• Kippy
    11 years ago

I love it!!!

Thank you for sharing

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    11 years ago

Your unknown rose is absolutely stunning. It seems very happy in your garden, as does everything else. If you're fairly new to gardening I can only congratulate you!

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

The roses and all of the garden are beautiful, Melian!

• melian1212
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for your kind words! This has been a good year so far...very mild winter, hardly any frost and now lots of rain... There is an outbrake of Blackspot that I hope will stop with the arriving higher temperatures (we don't have a long spring)...I don�t know if I will succeed but I�m determined not to spray... did it last year (there was a drought and we had every pest in the book plus the BS and Mildew)and I felt terrible... I have a child and pets and don�t want to place them or myself in danger... This season I�m already seeing many beneficial insects... I hope they restore the natural balance of my garden...
    I don�t want perfection...I want roses that are able to resist and fight back and not be completely defoliated by the end of the season, without too much care, that�s all... For instance, right now the only ones that are BS free are Violon d�Ingres (that I bought because it was said to be very resistant), Geoff Hamilton, Mary Rose and Charles Aznavour (planted recently)... What do you think? Will I be able not to spray? Or will I loose the plant in the end? Thats my only fear, that if a don�t do anything the plant will die... I don�t mind loosing a couple or replacing them if they are not performing well but... do plants resist continuous fungal attacks?
    I would appreciatte your opinion! I have learnt a lot reading the forum and would love to continue doing so!
    Chau chau!
    Melian

PD: Last years Violon...

• melian1212
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Last years Violon...

• iris_gal
    11 years ago

Melian,

Drop dead gorgeous larkspur!

I don't grow Falstaff or Gertrude Jekyll - have you compared them to your unknown pink? It's a beauty.

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Oh Wow!!! Those were some gorgeous roses!!! My fave is the unknown pink rose. I also really, really like your rose bed in front of your window. :)
    Carol

• jktx55
    11 years ago

You have a beautiful garden, thanks for sharing your pics.
    jack

• melian1212
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just wanted to tell you that the unknown rose is PARADE, beautifful rose, i recommend it !

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Oh!!
    That's nice to know, because that rose is sensational!!! If I ever come across it for ordering here - I'll snap it up. Wow!!
    Carol

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Love your unknown pink rose--now identified as Parade--and all the larkspur and other things. You're doing a wonderful job!

Kate