Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some Pics from the Rose Show

Posted by ron_and_susan z8 GA (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 1, 11 at 19:49

Susan and I judged a rose show in Augusta,Ga. today and here are 5 pics of the arrangements and Challenge Classes.--Ron
Pic One
Photobucket">
Pic #2
Photobucket">
Pic #3
Photobucket">
Pic#4
Photobucket">
And the last one--#5
Photobucket">

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some Pics from the Rose Show

• Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 1, 11 at 21:01

All are beautiful...but I think #2 is my fav!

o

So lovely and beautiful, roses in their full glory, I am enchanted, mesmerized with these gorgeous arrangements of the most beautiful flowers in the world! Thanks for sharing!

o

Never heard of a rose show here around Toronto, but a few years ago saw a professional rose growers one in Holland. Never saw such long stems, before.

o

What is the Challenge class? All of these had a lot of roses to work with. Thanks for posting.

o

Mantis--The Challenge Class pics are #3 and #4. A challenge class is one in which is restricted to the people in the rose society putting on the rose show. It is some time named for someone in the society that has passed on.--Ron

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 2, 11 at 21:16

They're gorgeous, Ron! Must have been a difficult show to judge.

Mantis, challenge classes usually involve having multiples of blooms as well. Three of one kind or three of three different kinds. Then there are English Boxes that require 6 blooms. Or Stages of bloom that requires a bud, exhibition stage rose and open bloom all of the same variety. There are many types of challenge classes and each society can pick what they wish. As noted above it's usually sponsored and named for a local prominent rosarian.

Inga, there is a Toronto Rose and Garden Society and they do have a show. Check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Toronto rose society

o

Thanks seil, I have been so involved in going to orchid shows,
So now I will have something else to look forward to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here