Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ramblinrosez7b

Many blooms.....

ramblinrosez7b
14 years ago

Hi everyone, this is going to be long....I haven't posted here all season so I am making up for lost time.

Crazy One - this is from a very wonderful friend.

Stephen Rulo

{{gwi:311527}}

Glorious

Gelato

Black Magic

Neptune

Brigadoon

Pope JP II

Osiana

Marilyn Monroe

Intrigue

Elle

Gemini

Thanks for looking. :)

Comments (18)

• the_dark_lady
    14 years ago

Ramblinroses, you've got a bunch of beautiful and rare roses! I really love your photography - the blooms are glowing from the inside! How wonderful.
    Marina

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Brigadoon looks great. My sister uses this one is bouquets because it lasts well.

Yummy pics!

• phatboyrose
    14 years ago

OH MY !!! these are the most AWESOME most BEAUTIFUL roses I've seen. No wonder you haven't post in a long time you been busy mixing up that magic potion that your feed these BEAUTIES. THANKS for sharing you made my day.
    Harold

• rosemeadow_gardener
    14 years ago

Surperb photos Ramblinrosez7b. My favorites are Marilyn Munrole, Elle and Gemini.

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

RamblinRozez, so beautiful. I love your Gemini, and Harold this is the ultimate clincher for Gemini! Brigadoon, Black Magic, Pope John II, NO I CAN'T there are no favorites, I love every single one!!!!!

So lovely, the colors the petal shapes amazing! You must promise that in 2010 you will post photos throughout! not just this fall!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    14 years ago

Very Nice Roses! Yes, post more next season. (LOL)

JIM

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

Your roses are wonderful

Glorious sure lives up to her name-----

Thanks for sharing

Florence

• ramblinrosez7b
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you so much everyone. I really don't have alot of the usual named roses but I am slowly filling my yard up with my rose seedlings. I will post a few pictures of them soon.

• bethnorcal9
    14 years ago

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love that GELATO! I suppose you rooted that one? I've never seen it anywhere.

• C Schaffner
    14 years ago

My favorite is gelato. Awesome!

Carlyn

• aurora1701e
    14 years ago

Great to see more beautiful roses from the Garden State!! Gemini is AWESOME!!

• ramblinrosez7b
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you Beth, Carlyn and Jeff. Gelato is really a nice rose, it was given to me as a cutting last year from a really nice lady and lover of roses. ;>)

Jeff, I wanted to send you an e-mail but it is not listed on your page beside your name.....I wanted to know, since you are the same zone and pretty much live somewhat close, what do you do with your potted roses over the winter??
    Thanks so much.

• carrieburgess3
    14 years ago

Stunning, just Stunning!!!!!
    Thank you sharing these beauties with us.

Carrie B.

• aurora1701e
    14 years ago

Check your email. I replied to your question about overwintering potted roses.

Jeff

• canadian_rose
    14 years ago

Jeff, I would have liked to know what you think about overwintering roses too. :)

Ramblin'rose - my favs are Gelato (that one's getting lots of votes!) and Marilyn Monroe. If I ever see MM at a greenhouse here, I'm going to buy one!!

Lovely, lovely!! Thanks for the look - there were just SOOO many lovely roses that it was hard to pick a favorite!

Carol

• organicgardendreams
    14 years ago

ramblinrose, what a pleasure to see the photos of your lovely roses! They all look happy and healthy. Thanks for posting!

I was especially delighted to see photos of Neptune and Stephen Rulo, since I am considering to get these two roses for myself. In my opinion Stephen Rulo is particularly pretty and has a very special coloration that I find quite charming.

Christina

• aurora1701e
    14 years ago

Carol, as I told Ramblinrose in my email I put all of my potted roses in an unattached, unheated garage. I do not cover them with anything but do check them periodically for dryness giving water when necessary. I've had 100% success rate doing this. Given you location, I'm not sure how practical this solution would be unless there is something you can do to prevent the plants from freezing.

• ramblinrosez7b
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you Carrie, Christina and Carol.

Christina, Stephen Rulo is a very nice rose, the color is something I have never seen before and it changes as it opens... from tan, to mauve/lavender then to pink. Very unique! But as I was telling someone else about this rose I mentioned that it opened too fast and might not keep it. Well I believe it was because of the heat and now that it has cooled down the blooms are more fuller and stay longer on the bush so I now think I will keep it....LOL.

Jeff, I did get your e-mail, thanks so much. :)