Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's October...Let's See Those Oranges!

Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 1, 11 at 20:59

Here are some pics taken throughout the season of my orange roses! Feel free to post your own as well...

Enjoy! ~Tammy

About Face
Photobucket

Apricot Princess
Photobucket

Autumn Bliss
Photobucket

Break O' Day
Photobucket

Charisma
Photobucket

The Coxswain
Photobucket

Easy Does It
Photobucket

Ginderbread Man
Photobucket

Oranges n Lemons
Photobucket

Pat Austin
Photobucket

Pinata
Photobucket

Tulsa Town
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's October...Let's See Those Oranges!

All are really glamorous roses, I like the exuberance of hot fire color in different blends of orange! My favourite rose is absolutely the gorgeous and striking Lemons and Oranges! I love its color, petals shape and its stripes, but of course all the pictures you posted show so beuaitufl roses, all of them are simply breathtaking!

o

What a delightful Sunday treat for me. Thanks for posting your lovely blooms, Tammy.

o

Apricot Beauty and Coxswain are my faves. But I had never heard of them. Are they difficult?

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 2, 11 at 21:19

Just the thing to warm us up on a cold October day! Autumn Bliss and Tulsa Town are my favorites! I'll have to go scare up some orange pics!

o

• Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 2, 11 at 21:29

Mantis, The Coxswain is a rose I came across from Heirloom. It was planted over the summer and so far as done very well. It gets afternoon shade, and has grown quite a bit since planting. Even with the area around it not being ideal conditions (it is a new flower bed this year and very weedy still) it has not had any disease issues!

Apricot Princess was one fo the first roses I planted when I moved into my house 4 years ago. There's kind of a funny story behind it :) I had placed an order from Springhill for some perenials and they accidentally sent me this rose instead of the perenial I had ordered (couldn't tell you what it was I ordered now, but chances are its long gone now that roses have taken over!) Anyway, they let me keep this one, and I'm so happy they did! It has only grown to about 2.5 ft high, and has about the fastest repeat of any of my roses. Its definitly not fussy..the poor thing is planted in with stone mulch in an area that doesn't get a whole lot of sun. I was really pleased with it, seeing as Springhill is a discount nursary and this is their only rose introduction according to HMF :)

Oddly, most of the pics of HMF of these to roses are my uploads...lol

o

Sun, Oct 2, 11 at 22:02

Found some!

Sisters at Heart
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Mardi Gras

Hot Romance

Hondo

Granada

Focal Point

Folklore

English Sonnet

Dick Clark

Cherish

o

Sun, Oct 2, 11 at 22:22

Beautiful Seil! I love Sisters of the Heart and Mardi Gras! Every time I see of picture of Mardi Gras I love it...so the question is: Why don't I OWN it! lol...maybe next year!

o

Seil...that picture of Mardi Gras melts my heart! Just beautiful. Lesley

o

Mon, Oct 3, 11 at 16:58

Thanks!

Tammy, go get it! You know you want it, lol!

o

Beautiful oranges, one of my favorite rose colors! Some of mine are just 'orangy' not totally orange, but this is what I have.

Golden Buddha
Golden Buddha

Just Joey
Just Joey

Jerri Jennings
Jerri Jennings

Molineux
Molineux

Autumn Sunset
Autumn Sunset

Buff Beauty
Buff Beauty

o

Oh, goodness gracious Tammy and Peachymomo! Too many fabulous roses for me to name now, haha! I'm in one Sunset heaven right now! I love oranges! I only have lumps so I will just sit back and not scare anyone by showing mine ;)

o

So many oranges, so little space. Here are some I like. I made myself stop at 10.

Climber, Westerland

Joshua Bradley

Jean Giono

Kaleidoscope can be orangy in spring

Disneyland, great in spring, not good the rest of this summer, though

Chihuly

Manyo, a Japanese rose

Tuscan Sun

Samaritan is what it used to be called

Outrageous, aptly named

o

Wed, Oct 5, 11 at 22:22

Love it! I saw a link a while back where someone was saying they couldn't find a "true" orange rose...I find it hard to believe with all these beautiful pictures!

Peachymomo, I love your Golden Buddha! Paul Barden breeds such pretty roses! I think I've kept Rogue Valley in business this summer! :) I'm also jealous of your Jeri Jennings; mine had a slow start but has been moved to a better location and seems to be doing better!

Kathy... Lovely as always! You definitly could have gone past 10 pics and kept out attention! I forgot to include my Chihuly in my oranges! Love the darker veins in Jean Giono! I'v never seen it and Joshua Bradley! And Manyo is just unbelievable! All so pretty :)

o

Am I glad I decided to look at this post again, I would have missed all these lovely blooms, seil, peachymomo and kathy posted. Thank you all for the lovely treats.

o

Sun, Oct 9, 11 at 17:13

Love that Golden Buddha!

I want Chihuly! Orange, stripes AND ruffles!

o

The truest orangey-orange in my collection is probably Halle.
In the shade:

Same rose in the sun:

Never any other colors in this one -- it's always pure-in-your-face orange.

A good grower and bloomer too -- I recommend it. I got mine from Wisconsin Roses.

o

I didn't realize just how many oranges I had until I looked at my pictures. Jeesh

Minis

Work of art

Teddy Bear

Tangerine Jewel

Spirit dance

Pandemonium

Orange parfait

No worries

o

M-mmmm, Beautiful eye candy. Thanks.

o

Wed, Oct 12, 11 at 11:30

That is a bright one, Kathy!

Ooooh, Pellican, I'm in love with that Spirit Dance!

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 Central Pa (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 17, 11 at 19:42

LIVIN EASY

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

• Posted by TNY78 6b-E TN (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 17, 11 at 20:12

Thanks Jim...don't you just love Livin' Easy? Its such a healthy rose and great performer!

Pellicanhead: I have fallen in love wit Spirit Dance! That's about the closest to brown that I've seen in a rose! Now I have yet another rose on my "must buy" list! lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here