The pear espalier, hybrid perpetuals, modern shrubs and the cottage

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

DAs the Squire

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

A wonderful big rose that always has blooms in the southeast section by the fence. I love how they let the roses get big at this garden

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

the AARS section. They have had deer munching but the roses are still managing to get the flowers out where they can

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The David Austin section on a cloudy day

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

closeup of the rose on the left before the low pink modern shrubs and has a french name ( coquette des blanches? ) from picture #3 I always love this rose every time I see it bloom. Sorry I forgot to write down the name

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The friendly gardener hard at work weeding the rose beds in the wet soil. You can just see a bit of his blue pants.

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

A DA rose with a female first name and the last name Austin. This rose reminded me of Katherine Morley a bit

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Even the parking area was pretty today

• inga007
    11 years ago

Lovely photos. Could the lovely pink rose be Lilian Austin?
    Apart from the gardener, that is a lovely view of mountains, too. Thank you for sharing.

• lesmc
    11 years ago

Wow...just beautiful. Thank you for sharing these. I also, loved the background mountains and the cloudy day gave a special look to this garden. Lesley

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    11 years ago

This is so beautiful, just the garden style I admire the most. I also love the large bushes and the controlled informality, almost a very large version of a cottage garden. The first picture is so romantic, and I love the mountain backdrop. The clouds actually enhance the beauty of the garden. Thank you!

Ingrid

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Love, love the cottage and the Yeoman. The Austin section was beautiful, so atmospheric and a bit like the England I imagine. Descanso has now risen to the top of California gardens on my bucket list. Thank you so much for posting these photos. Diane

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Lovely photos and I'm so jealous! Have a great trip!

• TNY78
    11 years ago

I love to visit rose gardens, and to see pictures of the ones in different areas of the country. Makes me feel like I'm there :)

Tammy

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

If you like Camellias, Descanso has a fairyland forest of them. Come out for the Rose Parade on New Years Day and stay for the Camellia display. Pasadena is only 15 minutes away from Descanso. The same mountains in my pictures follow along Pasadena. We don't always have the clouds above them so usually it's just a light blue sky. Sometimes we even get snow there if Santa thinks we've been very good.

• Kippy
    11 years ago

Descanso was on the list of gardens to take mom too this year after her eyes were "fixed" But then she needed her "teeth" fixed too and did not want to be seen with out them.

Next year for that first spring flush...you know where I will be!

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

Thank you for the tour, a lovely garden.

• HerdingCats
    11 years ago

The cottage and it's garden is what I dream of having...maybe here, although my surrounds don't really allow for it; I may be able to work on things enough so it can be that sort of charming, whimsical, gentle garden.

I love Descanso, and am blessed to live close enough to be able to get there often (although I don't. LOL...). I always leave fully enlivened, completely intimidated, and absolutely awash with ideas. I should go more often.

Best-
    Herding Cats

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm