Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tree accident

Posted by jim1961 5/6 pa (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 9, 09 at 22:12

a 20ft tree came down in a windstorm and hit me

im doing ok pain is really bad at times broke my right shoulder my arm and my wrist yes im right handed lol
could of been worse though going to rest jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tree accident

A joke get well card for yah here Jim: ( bare with me and let your imagination do the rest ) The front of the card says this in a nice bold letter font ::

An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away
Underneath a bit from that line would be this:

Photobucket

A sneek peek of "The West Wall Garden " Endless Summer Mophead Hydrangea

Ok open the card now you can read this but this time it's in real fine print one you can barely see

Offer void if said tree should fall upon you.

Near the bottom of card it says this in the same bold print as front:

Get Well Soon

o

JIM brother I'm so sad too here about your accendent. I knew that there was something wrong when you hadden posted in a couple of days. Serena had tried to e-mail me but some how it got lost. I am so glad that you were not kill GOD forbid. I know it will be hard for you to use your left had to post so don't worry about repling. You will be in my prayers and I'll be asking GOD for a speedy recovery on you behalf. GOD BLESS lol lol
Harold

o

Hope you're feeling better soon.

training for the real thing
rescue kittens

o

Jim,

So sorry to hear of your accident, please forgive my asking the stalker if you slipped on a blackspot while chasing rose slugs ;-) Honest, she hadn't told me yet what actually happened. I hope you get feeling better real soon ! It could be worse, somebody may have made you wear a costume like this for trick or treat :-(

Photobucket

o

Wes, Boxofrox, Harold, and Iris, thank you so much!!! for wishing Jim such wonderful and funny get-wells. BLESS YOU ALL!

Harold you probably have to check the spam/junk mail folder. Sometimes personal emails are sent to the junk mail because the addressee isn't recognized. I will try to email again tonight. And I can't wait to see your new roses too! hurray! Hopefully they'll soon make it here for Jim as a cheer-er upper! Jim, Harold is getting several new roses, and I know how you always enjoy seeing entire plants, just like Wes' fun and cheery hydrangeas. I'm sure Boxofrox has plenty up that Garden Wizard sleeve of his as well, LOL!

Boxofrox I re-replied to your email but it's now 2:19 a.m. now so you will be asleep by then. What a beautiful, lovely letter you wrote and I would love to share it with everyone your very caring thoughts! I am just making a mess out of things right now because of new job-hunting stresses and also added freelance deadline pressures.

Anyway, every single one of you have been such blessings, and Jim that's why everyone else is praying for you for a speedy recovery! Jim, you always bring such a happy smile to Everyone's face too. Just let us do the talking/writing and no need to write back!!!!! we want you to rest that broken arm, shoulder, wrist and also the sore back! We'll be thinking of you every day!

o

lol on slipping on a blackspot while chasin rose slugs lol
thanks everyone im actually feeling better today
love the animal pics awesome

o

Jim, I hope you get to feelling better soon.

o

Here is another funny animal photo for you, Jim!

o

what kind of animal is that? lol

o

It's a little hedgehog. Hedgehogs are actually very timid, shy kinds of creatures. They like to live in gardens!

According to Wikipedia, "In areas that have hedgehogs in the wild, they are often welcomed as a natural form of garden pest control. Many people leave food out to attract hedgehogs. Hedgehogs are a powerful form of pest control. A single hedgehog can keep an average garden free of pests by eating up to 200 grams of insects each night. It is common throughout the United Kingdom to see people attempting to lure hedgehogs into their gardens with treats and hedgehog-sized holes in their fences.[citation needed]

One problem with using hedgehogs for garden pest control is the use of chemical insecticide. While the hedgehog is large enough to resist most insecticides, it cannot withstand them if it eats many insects which have become full of the poison. This causes many hedgehog deaths where pet hedgehogs eat contaminated bugs within the house"

Pretty cute aren't they! However hedgehogs are not native to North America so you actually have to get them at the pet store, LOL! they love to eat those pesty slugs and snails too!

o

I am real sorry to hear you got hurt Jim. I hope your injuries heal soon.
Here is my puppy photo for you. One of my older daughters took it about 6 months ago.

Photobucket

o

Awwwww, Karen, your daughter's Puppy is soooo cute and precious! She?he? is going to be such a big dog, just look at those strong paws for such a little pup! I just love her tawny eyes and the beautiful Hershey-chocolate and butterscotch colorations. Any new photos of her? Are you going to train her in sheepherding?

This was Eluane when she was a tiny pup too. But she remained a small dog as you can tell by her little paws.

Adult sized! How pups change and how time flies...

o

thank you karen! love the puppy pic!
i will get me a hedgehog to chase rose slugs. lol
love eluanes pics too!

o

I need a headgehog, where can you buy them?
Serena your dog is beautiful.

Jim I am so sorry to hear about your accident, please take care and I hope you recover soon.

o
boxofrox

boxofrox, is that a halloween costume on your dog? lol
that is so neat.

thanks ramblinrosez!

o

Jim,

That is my niece Jessica's white Pomeranian in that Darth Vader disguise :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here