Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

This week's blooms

bethnorcal9
10 years ago

Here we go....
(Hmmm just realized there's a lot of corals and oranges!)

APRICOT PASSION
{{gwi:1204839}}

AVE MARIA
{{gwi:1290354}}

BOULIE'S DREAM
{{gwi:1201562}}

CATHEDRAL
{{gwi:1290355}}

HANDEL CL
{{gwi:1290356}}

HARRY WHEATCROFT

JAM & JERUSALEM

KATHRYN MCGREDY
{{gwi:212129}}

KISS OF FIRE
{{gwi:1200578}}

LAGUNA FREELANDER

MARVELLE
{{gwi:1207922}}

MT HOOD
{{gwi:1207937}}

NATALI
{{gwi:1202024}}

PARTY TIME with HARRY WHEATCROFT in the background

PAUL GAUGUIN
{{gwi:1206506}}

REMEMBER ME
{{gwi:347231}}

SHEER ELEGANCE
{{gwi:1205703}}

SUMMER SONG

SUNSET BLVD

SUSAN MASSU
{{gwi:1205702}}

VOODOO

And I got this bouquet of florist roses to try and root them. We'll see if I'm successful!

SWEETNESS
{{gwi:1243849}}

Comments (8)

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    10 years ago

Thanks for the look. Out of curiosity, how does your Summer Song do? I have three of them, but I am not impressed. They look great in the spring, but they do essentially nothing the rest of the season. Only in fall have they been putting out just a few rather puny and sorry looking flowers. It must like a completely different climate more than where I am. Do you have a similar story, or does yours do well all season for you?

• inga007
    10 years ago

I adore the apricots and oranges.

HARRY WHEATCROFT has lost his stripes :>)

Wish you success with sweetness, looks like a beauty.

• arcus_85
    10 years ago

Let us know if you have success with rooting the Sweetness. Good luck!! Aren't you running out of room yet?? LoL. Thanks for the post!! It's been quiet on here this year compared to other years.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh crap! I see I somehow put VOODOO in HARRY WHEATCROFT'S spot! I had gone back and added him after I put in PARTY TIME, since he was in the background... Must've forgotten to go copy the link for HARRY. LOL (sorry...)

Here he is Inga, and he definitely has lost most of his stripes in this bloom. Happens once in awhile.

HARRY WHEATCROFT
    {{gwi:1290365}}

Bustopher, my SUMMER SONG does pretty well most of the yr. It took a few yrs for it to get going well tho. It has actually turned into sort of a climber, as many of the DAs tend to do. Blooms frequently, and of course, has bigger blooms during the spring & summer. That bloom is rather small. Maybe 2.5" but still pretty. I happen to love this rose. One of my favorite DAs.

Arcus, I really don't have room. Well, technically I have lots of open space in my yard, but not with good sunlight, unfortunately. If I could afford to cut down trees I would! I'm just gonna have some fun playing around with trying to root some florist roses this season. I'm really enjoying seeing all the ones I got from Cliff a couple yrs ago before he closed up EuroDesert Roses. Too bad he had to do that. He was just getting into the florist roses and would've had a lot going if he'd been able to stay open. The ones I got from him were barely rooted and a few died, but the ones that made it are coming into their own and by next season should be really nice! I am going to try the "burrito method" of starting cuttings. Seems like it might be more successful that just potting up the stems. If it works, I'll do more!! Will keep you guys posted on that too. I'll know in 2weeks if this batch is going to work. Keep your fingers crossed!!

• arcus_85
    10 years ago

Well good luck! *Fingers Crossed*!! I know what you mean about Cliff. Be thankful you got to get some things from him though. I love florist roses, but got into this too late to get anything from Cliff. Keep waiting for him to open back up at his new place, but I don't think it's going to happen!

• strawchicago z5
    10 years ago

Thank you, Beth, for posting those pictures. You have the most rare and beautiful roses. What's your best scent among the bunch? Thanks in advance.

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

The corals and sherbets at the top have me drooling.

Remember Me and Summer Song - love, sigh, to have more room.

Like a kid in the candy shop when I open your posts.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Sweetnes, Sheer Elegance, Natali (wow!!!), Party Time and Remember Me are stunning!!! Droooool!!! The others are fantastic too - lovely lovelies!!
    Carol

Sponsored
WM Design Studio, LLC.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Loudoun County's Skilled Residential Architect | 4X Best of Houzz!