Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_bustopher

Curiosity, dependability, and outright defiance.

This small batch of pictures represents several things. The first picture is for all those who are curious about the DA rose Summer Song. I actually got 3 of them. So far, in their first year, they have done okay, but the flower color has not been a dark as what we might expect. The flowers have also been on the small side. Perhaps that will improve some as time goes on.

The next few pictures are of those varieties that have proven themselves to be quite dependable. This is by no means a complete list. It is just some that I have at the moment that looked good that I have not posted previously.

The first is The Prince. I actually got a usable picture of this one.

The next one is Charles Aznavour that picks up more pink in the fall than in spring or summer.

The next one is one that has always been hard to get a picture of because of timing issues, but it does quite well usually. Meet Johann Strauss.

This old AARS grandiflora, Starfire, has done quite well for me and is a steady producer.

I have always liked this next one, Paradise. It has managed to survive and continue to bloom reasonably well.

The last one in the dependability group is also an older AARS grandiflora and one I haven't seen anyone else post, but one that has always done well for me no matter where I have had it, Pink Parfait.

The last one involves someone being one of the following: a brat, a twerp, defiant, or just plain exasperating. Yes, it is one of those "children". Little Miss Pandora was going to get involved in doing the laundry with this result. I was trying to unload the dryer without her prior approval, of course.

I hope you like these.

Comments (5)