Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tny78

First Frost Survivors!

TNY78
12 years ago

I took a walk around the yard after work today to see what rose blooms survived last night's first frost...and surprisingly, there was less frost damage than I imagined. The only area that seemed to suffer was the area surrounding my deck which gets little sun.

Here are some pics taken this afternoon while still only about 45 degrees..brrr! Although not the best blooms of the season, I'll still take 'em! One trend I noticed in my pictures is my fellow Tennessean Whit Well's roses seem to be taking off all of a sudden!(Angelica Renae, Grand 'Ol Opery, and Red Headed Stranger) They must appreciate the TN clay! lol

~Tammy

Miniature: Angelica Renae: one of three roses by my mailbox.

{{gwi:1290563}}

Champney's Pink Cluster: small, but coming along. I just hope it survives a Tennessee winter!

{{gwi:1290564}}

Easy Does It: always such a great performer in a less than ideal location!

{{gwi:1290565}}

Grand 'Ol Opery: its first bloom of the season :(

{{gwi:1290566}}

Heritage: The blooms are slowly getting fuller on this first year plant!

{{gwi:1290567}}

HT, Red Headed Stranger

{{gwi:1290568}}

St. Elisabeth of Hungary: I rec'd this rose from Vintage as a promotion for ordering 6(?) roses, and they would give you 2 free of their choice...I am so glad they chose this rose! It is beautiful, healthy, and vigorous! Love it, love it, love it!

{{gwi:1290569}}

Tom Brown: Looks like Tom may have suffered a little, but he's still blooming...

{{gwi:1290571}}

Comments (8)

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area