Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flawless, another miniflora

Posted by flaurabunda 5b, Decatur IL (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 7, 10 at 22:54

I took a few of these with adjusted settings as well. The first few are with the white background and exposure on automatic settings.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Talk about a perfect candelabra!
Photobucket

These next 3 are after changing the settings:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm not sure which set I prefer for this one; they're both okay.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flawless, another miniflora

What a pretty rose. I prefer the lighter photos here- especially the first one.
Renee

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 central pa (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 8, 10 at 12:46

Yes, I also vote for the lighter pics in this one.
flaurabunda, great looking bloom!

o

I have just noticed this rose recently. I am glad to see it in your garden. How old is yours? And, is it fragrant? I believe that it is supposed to be. It loooks more
salmon-y coral in other photos I have seen. Yours is a beautiful pink. I like the looks of it!
Sandra

o

Sandra,
This is one that I planted as a band from Rosemania in the 2nd week of May, this year. It is very vigorous so far, and the only mini I have with any fragrance. I wouldn't say that it bowls you over, but it's nice to have a mini with some scent since so many of them have none.

It is a very clear, uniform medium pink when it first opens from bud stage. It holds perfect form for only one day, then opens to a delightful ruffled beauty with the stamens fully exposed. It's one of the few roses that I find attractive after it's fully open.

The color leans more toward mauve-pink than salmon-pink. It fades completely to white as it ages, but the petals will NOT fall off. The petals have very good substance and cut flowers last long in the vase. It does not spot or turn brown in heat and rain. I'm VERY pleased with this one, as I am all of the minis. They always seem to have better petal substance and age so much better than any of my hybrid teas or floribundas.

o

A really lovely rose, and from your description is seems almost perfect in all its attributes. I grow mostly old roses but this little beauty would not seem at all out of place among them. Thank you for posting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here