Jude the Obscure

Photobucket

Regensberg

Photobucket

Masha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some roses

Masha, these are absolutely beautiful - sure wish the monitor was scratch and sniff! :-) Michelle

o

Gorgeous bud on Sheila.

Unusual shot of Heritage buds ~~ really sweet. I never thought of photographing it at that stage.

o

Lovely as always! As usual I'm impressed by how many of your roses are blooming. My Yves Piaget, Bishop's Castle and Abraham Darby are not blooming but they are putting on new growth so there's still time for another flush of bloom before winter. Hopefully they'll look as pretty as yours!

Ingrid

o

Very lovely Masha, SP in particular is very intriguing. Does she smell as good as she looks?

o

Marsha, what an array of GORGEOUS roses you are growing and so many varieties. I'll bet your garden is just breath taking with soo many Fragances. They are just Beautiful but I really like MARGO KOSTER & HERITAGE in its bud form.
Thanks for sharing.
Harold

o

Masha, great roses as usual! What an abundance of rose flowers you get out of your garden at this time of the year, stunning!

Like others I also love the bud shot of Heritage.

For me it is very interesting to see what the flowers of your Reichspraesident von Hindenburg look like. Very unusual shape (cupped and very loose) and I love the different subtle shades of pink in that rose.

I think my favorite rose in this thread is Christopher Marlowe. The more photos I see of this rose the more I like it. May make it soon on my wish list ;-).

Thanks for posting!

Christina

o

Thank you, everybody!

Ingrid, my roses are winding up for the year. The temperature dipped to 40s a couple of times overnight, so the end of the rose season is in sight. I am glad you have another flush to look forward to.

Boxofrox, Sheila has a very strong fragrance to me. It is also vigorous and a good bloomer.

Christina, the blooms of RvonH are huge, too, and very fragrant. It has had some mildew so its health is suspect but I think it might be a good cutting rose, it seems that the blooms are very long-lasting.
Also, be aware that Christopher Marlowe grows like a drunken spider, long thin canes with blooms facing down and into the dirt. I think it might be better wrapped around a tripod or grown as a small climber. No matter what I do I can't get mine two to stand up:-(.

Masha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here