Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rushaheart

Lets See Some Garden Photos!

rushaheart
16 years ago

Ive seen so many beautiful shots of roses and flowers but I wanna see some whole garden photos! Mine are so pathetic right now but am working on getting them back up to par.

If you have any garden photos for inspiration, please let us see them! I need all the inspiration I can get right now.

Comments (20)

• celeste/NH
    16 years ago

Hi there.....

I have a problem with getting much of my garden into a photo because it is so huge and full of roses that I tend to take shots that will fit into a photo. Thats why I tend to concentrate on single bushes rather than the entire garden. (I wish I had a camera that took panoramic views.) I can offer only partial shots but maybe they will give you something in the way of inspiration.

Good luck on your garden and never, ever give up!

Celeste

{{gwi:1290722}}

I make my own garden markers to identify each rose...(not for me, for visitors....I know ALL my roses!)

{{gwi:252855}}

{{gwi:1290724}}

I made my own stepping stones out of cement, polished stones and colored glass pieces.....

I have numerous arches which feature roses as well as clematis....

{{gwi:312355}}

{{gwi:322634}}

{{gwi:322638}}

a few statues, here and there are nice.....

{{gwi:312351}}

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

Too gorgeous Celeste, I found it almost difficult to look, but then I couldn't stop. I am tearing myself away. Your garden is out of this world. What a credit to you. Wonderful structures, wonderful statues - gorgeous healthy roses. Congratulations - I am sure you are very proud.
    Best Wishes.
    Pauline - Vancouver Island

• jean_ar
    16 years ago

wow, no words can describe the beauty of this garden.Its fantastic and the roses look so healthy and beautiful.Love thet arches and stones and statues,just w wonderfuly beautful garden.I could spend all day out there looking and smelling.Great photos.Thank you for sharing it.

Jean

• karenforroses
    16 years ago

Wow, Celeste, your garden is breathtaking. Thanks for sharing.

• lesdvs9
    16 years ago

Your gardens and flower beds get more beautiful every year. I looked through all the pics last year and when I wish I have this much beauty, then I think of all the care involved and I'd rather admire from afar:) All the colors and your statues, everything is simply wonderful, it all says your love of roses and nature.
    Leslie

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

........and to add again, as I came back for another peek. The faces on the statues are as beautiful as the roses. All have a great day.
    Pauline

• teka2rjleffel
    16 years ago

Lovely, I really like the rose draped around the neck of the statue. How much land do you have?
    Nancy

• devon_gardener
    16 years ago

Celeste, you are making me Fall In Love. I only have one
    word "ENCHANTING".

These are for you

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    16 years ago

That's really pretty. I wish I could do as well.

• lesmc
    16 years ago

Oh!! My!!! Goodness!!! Just breath-taking... And I thought my garden was beginning to show some promise. I so enjoyed these pictures and will refer to them time and time again. If there are more...please post. With thanks, Lesley

• phylrae
    16 years ago

I think I've told you I've used a few of your photos for my computer "wallpaper." I wish you lived nearby-I'd definitely visit! :0) Phyl

• celeste/NH
    16 years ago

THANKS everybody for your kind comments about my garden.

I really don't want to "hog" this post, but since no one else is posting pics and more pictures were requested, here's a few more.....

Keeping everything up w/ a full-time job, kids, DH, pets, Japanese beetles and cold winters requiring winter protection, I am grateful for your positive feedback! I am sure people think I'm crazy for all the work I put into it!

Celeste

{{gwi:1290728}}

{{gwi:1290730}}

{{gwi:1290732}}

{{gwi:236800}}

• jumbojimmy
    16 years ago

Nice garden you've got there. And I love that purple/red clematis.

I've always thought I need to add a bit of perennials/annuals to my garden, but having looked at your photos, a garden delicated to roses only look much better and GRAND.

• michellesg
    16 years ago

That last purple clematis, oh my! I love your whole garden but that rich purple came out just amazing in the photo!

• brandyray
    16 years ago

Some beautiful clems there! Can you tell me the name of the one in the last pic? And what is that red single (?) w/ yellow centers in one of the earlier pics? Always wonderful when someone's imagination comes to fruition like yours has. I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it. Brandy

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    16 years ago

Celeste, your garden is glorious, with such beautiful and well-cared for roses. I really respect the love and hard work that you have given your garden.

By the way, in the fifth picture, with the rose arch, there is a purple rose on the left side that really caught my interest. Can you please tell me the name?

Warm regards,

Ingrid

• sam0738
    16 years ago

Not Bad Celeste. It looks wonderful.
    Samuel

• erasmus_gw
    16 years ago

That's a lovely garden, Celeste. Your roses seem to like your climate quite well.
    Linda

• jumbojimmy
    16 years ago

I was looking through past posts, and I happened to come across this post by roses4ever which made my jaw dropped - also another inspiring garden too.

Here is a link that might be useful: New pics by roses4ever

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

Celeste ~ What lovely serene gardens you have created. Just beautiful! I would love to take a tour. Do you have more pictures you could share here? You have inspired me to get out and work in my gardens more, especially now that cooler weather is headed our way.

FlowerLady