Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_bustopher

a few more with one long awaited one

Here are a few recently taken pictures of end-of-season blooms. I hope you will enjoy them. The first one is a nice shot of the floribunda Glacier. It can have nicely formed flowers in cooler weather.

The next one is the purple workhorse hybrid tea Shi-Un. This bush gets big, and it just keeps going.

{{gwi:322339}}

The next one is DA's rose The Endeavor. Up until now it has been predominantly pink. It has picked up some definite coral/orange coloration.

The next one is the ever-lovely and blooming most of the time, Lichfield Angel.

The next one is a shot of The Prince which was taller than I am. That is the reason for the strange camera angle. The flower is so dark that the camera wants to use the flash because of a lack of light reflection. It is on the purple side of dark red. The camera cannot screw up the fragrance of this rose, so there!

So, while I am taking pictures of some of these roses, what should I discover but a bloom on one of my Munstead Woods. Again, the camera wanted to use the flash, but I managed to get around that with a little interference. The color is fairly close to accurate and on the red side rather than the purple side like The Prince. The picture is not the best, but you can see the color.

I hope these are food for thought.

Comments (6)