Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winding Down...

Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 13, 12 at 23:49

We've had a couple of light frosts here, and the roses seem to be shutting down for the season. There are a few still putting out blooms though...here's a sample :) Enjoy!

Tammy

Gideon Lincecum. Great ARE rose and its beautiful hips are starting to mature around this time.
Photobucket

Caramel Fairytale. One of my favorite Fairytale roses along with Lion's Fairytale.
Photobucket

Charles Darwin. Turning back to its deeper yellow color in the cooler temps.
Photobucket

Dutch Fork China. Was a little slow to take off after planting last year, but is really beginning to take off!
Photobucket

Cal Poly. Pretty little mini with a very nice deep color right now.
Photobucket

Centennial Star. Very nice rose, but I need to get it into the ground soon. I think its beginning to suffer in its pot.
Photobucket

Sugar Moon. Jury is still out on this one. I added it this spring, and it hasn't been too productive thus far. I'm hoping it just needs to mature a bit.
Photobucket

Snow Ruby. I really enjoy this mini. Its my only remaining red with a with petal back...I don't know why, but I've either lost or pulled every other one.
Photobucket

Grumpy. One of the 7 Dwarfs roses. I have six, since Happy was eaten by one of my dogs lol (he's not so Happy anymore!)
Photobucket

Sea Foam. Lovely ground cover rose. Its grown about about 5 ft flat across my new flower bed this year...so far a winner!
Photobucket

Two shots of Hurdy Gurdy. I think this and Pied Piper are my favorite new additions this year. I just love the way this one's buds look and the way ts striping is. Very nice climbing mini!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winding Down...

Lovely to see so many unusual roses.
It made our rainy morn almost sunny...:>)
T^hanks for sharing

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 19:20

You have some beautiful end of season blooms, Tammy! Mine have pretty much wound down to the end now too. I'll probably be picking my End of Trail bouquet any day now.

o

Lovely blooms, I love the fragrance of Sugar Moon.

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 16, 12 at 21:41

You know Krista, I've never smelled it! I'll have to do that next time it blooms...which I'm guessing won't be until next season :(

Tammy

o

Wow! I love that Hurdy Gurdy too - especially the 2nd shot. Gorgeous!!!

What do you think of Charles Darwin as to productivity and scent?
Carol

o

Thanks for sharing your pics.
jack

o

Love your roses. I always read your posts since you aren't to far from me, I am NW AR, 6B/7A so I think mine will be similar to yours. Not many rose growers that I can find in my area. About your Hurdy Gurdy, it is gorgeous! I was going to order one but I was under the impression it loses it leaves a lot. Does yours? My Jean La Joe loses hers all the time and I stress till it starts leafing out again, always worried I killed it! Your pictures are great! arkie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here