Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

More November blooms

bethnorcal9
10 years ago

Still bloomin' in our unusually warm fall.

BILLY GRAHAM
{{gwi:1291849}}

BRIGADOON
{{gwi:1291852}}

BUTTERCREAM
{{gwi:1201559}}

CHANGE OF HEART

CHRIS EVERT
{{gwi:1202984}}

DUCHESSE DE BRABANT (I think)

ELLE
{{gwi:1197964}}

ENGLISH PERFUME

ESPECIALLY FOR YOU

GYPSY CURIOSA
{{gwi:1198895}}

HOPIE GIRL
{{gwi:1201753}}

MAMA MIA!
{{gwi:1207917}}

MELLOW YELLOW
{{gwi:1208308}}

NANA MOUSKOURI
{{gwi:1204174}}

OLYMPIAD

ROSALYN CARTER

SAFARI
{{gwi:1205715}}

SOLITUDE
{{gwi:1200587}}

SUNDANCE
{{gwi:223618}}

TIVOLI GARDENS
{{gwi:1208309}}

VIA MALA
{{gwi:1204176}}

Many of these blooms are waaaay bigger than usual. A few are well over 5". And they're lasting a lot longer than normal. It's cool!!

Oh, and here's my latest florist rose I'm trying to root:

HEARTS

Comments (14)

• inga007
    10 years ago

Goodness, what a bounty of lovely roses. Thanks for sharing.
    Wish you success with the Heart rose.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Your roses are all beautiful, I love seeing them!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

Great looking fall roses Beth... :)

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

YUM!

Beth, do have a favorite amongst these yellows? Do they all last aboout the same length of time?

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

English Perfume took my breath away. BUT.... I've told myself (not promised tee hee) NO MORE mauves/lilacs.

Elle and Olympiad look super fantastic. I really, really like that picture of Elle! Great job!!

Hearts also looks fantastic - what a rose!!

Swoon worthiness - thanks!
    Carol

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks guys!

Iris gal, those are all really good yellows. They all have pretty decent repeat and bloom factors and last about the same. TIVOLI GARDENS has the largest of the blooms. This time of yr they're massive! HOPIE GIRL and ESPECIALLY FOR YOU are the tallest, at about 5.5-6ft. I like the cool yellow tone on MELLOW YELLOW. I dunno which one would be my favorite of these tho. I like them all!

Carol, you have to get ENGLISH PERFUME! It's just gorgeous. I love how it gets that pinstripe picoteed edge. And OMG, I checked the bloom today, and it was well over 5" in diameter. Perfect spiral, and wonderful scent!

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

Your roses are simply gorgeous! Wow! You must put in a lot of work to get such spectacular results. Thx for sharing.

• dove_song
    10 years ago

Yes, Carol, you have to get ENGLISH PERFUME! Why? Because the queen of the rare and unusual roses said so. Aaaaand, tehe, because I needed a nudge in having to get one too. ;-)

Beth, another treasure trove of 'glam shots' of rare, unusual, and just plain gorgeous roses. Thanks!!! :-)

• dove_song
    10 years ago

Ones that I don't have but would most like to have are:

ENGLISH PERFUME
    BUTTERCREAM
    SAFARI
    OLYMPIAD
    MAMA MIA!
    HOPIE GIRL
    CHRIS EVERT
    GYPSY CURIOSA
    CHANGE OF HEART

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Oh Wow!!!
    That's just what I'm looking for. I'm going to go see if the 3 bare roots places I get from have English Perfume. I'm off to see!!
    Carol

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Too bad. :(
    Pallantine, Pickering and Hortico don't have English Perfume.

Oh, well, another year maybe. :)

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

These are all beautiful, Beth! I really love that new florist rose!

My Hopie Girl died and so did several other of the John Sheldon roses I tried. The only one that has done well for is Strawberry Romance.

Is your Duchesse de Brabant always that pale? I got one this spring and my blooms are nearly white with just a hint of pink like yours but the ones I see on HMF all seem a deeper pink. I was beginning to think I had a mislabeled rose.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Carol, ENGLISH PERFUME is only available from Roses Unlimited in own-root form.

Seil, I'm not exactly sure if that is DUCHESSE DE BRABANT. I know I planted her in that bed, but I also planted CATHERINE MERMET in there somewhere too. And also, in that same general area of that bed I have RUBENS planted too. I don't think it's RUBENS, but there were two or three big sprawling roses all intermingled in that corner of the bed, so not sure exactly which one this bloom really is!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Hmmm, more of your lovelies to make me feel better up here in the cold. I especially like the subtle coloration of Elle. It puts porcelain to shame. I hope you succeed with Hearts--how I love all those ruffles. Thanks for a look at more of your unusual roses. Diane