Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Connecticut Rose Garden

Posted by henryinct 10a (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 1, 13 at 0:54

Memories of my Connecticut rose garden. The yellow is Julia Child.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Connecticut Rose Garden

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 1, 13 at 8:53

Wow! It's a beautiful garden!

o

Awesome henry! What state you living in now henry?

o

Wonderful colors!!! Wonderful garden. Do you have more pictures?

From seasons to tropical. What a shift! I was in awe when I moved to a warm winter zone. Jacaranda trees! Fuchsias! So many new plants to absorb.

o

Colorful beauty--love your garden.

Kate

o

Jim - We moved last September to Pasadena very close to the Rose Bowl. Iris - There is a huge difference between growing roses in cold Connecticut and here in perpetually warm and sunny Pasadena. There you have to work very hard for a six week show in late spring to early summer and another in September if you're lucky. Here they're in full bloom the whole year but you can't water enough so they are looking stressed. I guess I have to learn to do it all over again. Here is Mr Lincoln growing together with Gold Metal.

o

Here's another one.

o

Henry...your garden is spectacular. This last picture takes my breath away! It shows a huge talent and I would have loved to walk thru it. Post some pictures of your Calif. garden so we can enjoy. Lesley

o

Your roses are absolutely breathtaking, it is a pleasure to see such beauty, thank you so much for sharing. Do you mind telling us what the varieties are in the last picture? TIA.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 19:33

They're beautiful, Henry! I'll bet they'll be beautiful in your new garden too!

o

Oh my- what would I do to walk through a little slice of heaven here on earth...remarkable. Thx for sharing

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here