Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

2011 Lopsided Garden / Lumpy Roses Part 4

serenasyh
12 years ago

Hi, everyone! Things got crazy busy with freelance, keeping a very active Border Collie entertained with toy hide-and-seek while she recovered from her benign skin tumor on her leg, dog agility trials and a surprise visit from my brother on his way back to NYC from a medical conference, so I didn't have time to post my fall roses. I've got another huge pileup of even more lumpy roses for part 5, but in the meantime here is part 4 haha! I don't even have time to deal with part 5 until I clear out this batch first. I've got more deadlines "snowballing" in on me!

Viking Queen

Distant Drums

Royal Sunset

Cornelia

Lincoln has huge grapefruit blooms, so prolific in the fall!

Here are bad camera settings or the lumpier Lincolns, lol!

Compassion (too dark for the camera)

Climbing America

Here is the Lumpy Climbing America:

Folklore:

And I always have to put up some photos of little Eluane! She won her title ribbon (the Black Ribbon) in Jumpers into the Advanced Professional level, lol! We still are in Open however for Standard, but the next time we trial in January 2012, we hope to ace and move into another new title so everyone keep your fingers crossed for us! Boxo, Eluane finally got her first 2nd Place rosette she usually gets first place rosettes. Carol, I botched up. Eluane had the fastest time for the route, and should have gotten a 1st place but I screwed up and gave the wrong verbal command so she had a runby and had to recollect, and because the other dogs had no errors we dropped down from 1st to 3rd place, but I'm still pretty happy. I always think it's a Lord-Blessed miracle whenever we get a placement rosette, anyway! Last photo is typical of Border Collies, they love tilting their head back and forth, trying so hard to understand what you're trying to say to them...

Comments (9)

• inga007
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Loved all your roses, looking forward to part 5

Congratulations Eluane. B.C. are so smart.

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

Lovely photos. Especially like the one of Cornelia and the variety of Lincoln shots.

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

Eluane is so sweet, lovely pics!

Your roses are magnificent, Serena. Your red blooms look like velvet.

I love the rich color of Viking Queen. Cornelia is delightful, I really like the Hybrid Musks.

• lesmc
    12 years ago

Your Lincoln pictures are just lovely. Good enought to smell!!! I can`t begin to tell you how much I enjoy the pictures of your sweet pup. She looks so proud of her ribbons. The pic of her in the chair is precious. I can only imagine how fun competing with her must be. Thanks for the pictures and enjoy these final days of blooms. Lesley

• serenasyh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Mantis :) and Inga, Krista, and Lesley, Eluane sends her puppy paws hugs to you ! And she gets so excited about Puppy Competition (our name for AKC trials)and Puppy School (I have to drive about an hour's commute both ways to practice usuallly around 3:00-5:00 a.m. once a week). Unfortunately we can't afford to compete except for 4-5x a year compared to everyone who does 24x a year minimum (trialing at other venues besides AKC or traveling out-of- state for AKC). At the Pro-Level, competing multiple times is crucial to earn the Master Agility Champion rank; so sadly it may take forever! for us to get our MACH title. How often you compete has a huge impact! So we train really hard and do tons of praying that we make it, hehe! Eluane is very tiny for a B.C. but unfortunately she is in the 20" division which has the majority of Border Collies flooding her height division, so we are always super worried when our turn comes up. And yes we have to compete against the MACH handlers at our level regardless of whether it's Open or the Excellent (pro-level). Now that I have a Blackberry, I always get to email Jim1961 whenever our turn comes up to so that he can help cross fingers for us, haha!

Krista, I wish Cornelia bloomed as bountifully as your gorgeous hybrid musk Felicia. Cornelia will only put her most magnificent show in the Spring. The quantity of flowers is only so-so in Fall. Summer output is dreadful! But Cornelia does have a wonderful scent and it fills the air and resembles fragrant cherry blossoms.

I am also debating about showing the full bush shot of my Lincolns. I noticed that my bloom shots do not do justice as to how huge and prolific a bloomer and what a great performer/vigor for an HT this rose is. The garden shot is not "pristine" of course, but it does show the real life proportions of the grapefruit-sized blooms and Lincolns' vigor for a completely no-spray garden. If enough people are interested I will go ahead and add the garden photo taken in October, autumn being the prime BS season for Kansas. But I will wait and see what people think and if they do want to see the full bush shot.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Eluane pic in the chair made me chuckle. She sure does love getting her pic taken.
    Distant Drums is looking good! All your roses are lookin fine!
    Where's the lumps? lol

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

The roses are gorgeous, Serena! That Viking Queen is so pretty! And congrats to you and Eluane on the ribbons!

• serenasyh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much Jim and Seil! Eluane tries so hard and is so pleased with everyone's congratulations. And she thanks you especially for all your Rah-rahs on her puppy competition days, Jim! Everyone, Jim has to tell us "Break a Leg" instead of Good Luck....You see for ballet dancers you cannot say good luck, you have to tell us "Break a Leg" to wish us an "acing" run, haha! Poor Jim, I am such a confusing person to figure out. ;) and what a great cheering section he has been for me and the E! Every time we run, Jim is there hundreds of miles away, cheering us onward :D

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Nov. 25----Serena clean out your inbox to your e-mail address as my e-mail is not getting through...lol