Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
morrisnoor

Autumn Roses (lot of pics!)

morrisnoor
13 years ago

Hello guys,

I want to share with you a few Fall blooms , they always seems to be so precious!

Austin's 'The Reeve'

'Radio Times'

and 'Princess Alexandra of Kent'

A must to have among OGRs, 'Jacques Cartier'

Harkness' unusual Modern Shrub Rose, 'Cardinal Hume'

Two "white" Roses, "Fortune's Five Colors" ("Smith Parish")

'Baby Albéric'

And a lovely Tea, 'Anna Jung'

Have a nice day! :o)

Maurizio

Comments (13)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Nice roses morrisnoor, thanks for sharing!

• organicgardendreams
    13 years ago

Maurizio, I know exactly what you mean about precious autumn blooms. Each one counts more than double :-)!

Your roses are all so gorgeous! My absolute favorite though is the Tea rose 'Anna Jung'. I have never heard about that one and will check it out on HMF. On your picture it looks so scrumptious, delicate and utterly beautiful. I am just loving it!

Thanks for posting and I am sure you have more wonderful roses in store, which I would be excited to see! Hint, hint...

Christina

• paulieinct
    13 years ago

Great pix, esp. Radio Times. Outstanding.

• inga007
    13 years ago

I just love the Reeve foto.

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Thank you for posting these. Love Anna Jung.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    13 years ago

Beautiful Maurizio! Thank you for sharing these lovely roses. Anna Jung of course steals the show since she's unknown here and such a beauty.

Ingrid

• zeffyrose
    13 years ago

Great pictures-----your roses are lovely

Florence

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Thank you for posting the lovely photos.
    Renee

• mnkitty
    13 years ago

Maurizio,
    All of theses roses are so beautiful. I'm wondering, if you had to choose one from the 1st three pictured, which would be your favorite and why?
    Thank you,
    Kitty

• bethnorcal9
    13 years ago

Beautiful photos Maurizio! That ANNA JUNG is really lovely.

• morrisnoor
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for appreciation :o)

Kitty, they are quite different, so you can choose looking to each one peculiar qualities.

'The Reeve'is a small plant, with tiny leaves and stems, bearing big peony-like blooms. They smell "myrrh" like 'Constance Spry'. Good rebloom and heat proof, perfect for a pot.

'Radio Times' is a little bit "rough" both in growing habit and leaves, but flowers are perfect in shape even in the middle of the summer, and have a powerful fragrance, like Damask Rose and citrus peel.

'Princess Alexandra of Kent' is one of Austin's Roses a in the 'Abraham Darby' style: smooth, modern looking leaves, big globular flowers. I have to take time to evaluate it, as it's still young. Maybe its color is not the very best: it's bright and rich, but a little bit dull... we'll see. Very good fragrance, like A.Darby ;o)

You see: they are different! But if I have to choose only one, I think I'd choose 'The Reeve'. ;o)

Ciao,
    Maurizio

• mnkitty
    13 years ago

Maurizio,
    Thank you so much for the detailed information. Sadly, I can not get them all right away because I have some others I must purchase 1st. I totally respect your opinion so, I will start with The Reeve. I may have to get 'Princess Alexandra of Kent' as well because I saw on HMF that it is a zone 2b. I find that kind of hard to believe though. Anyway, I really appreciate your help.
    Kitty

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Wow!!! Sigh Wow!!

That tea is amazing. It looks like it smells fantastic!! Does it?

They're all spectacular, and especially the first three. Gosh I'm in love with them all!!

Carol

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022