You e-mailed me about a rose, but, when I try to e-mail your

web address, it is rejecting my e-mails: saying, your

mailbox is full.

So, if you read this here on gardenweb, please clean out your mailbox. LOL

Comments (12)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm going to bump this one down so it doesn't disrupt the great rose pic threads of others.

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Apologies to everyone! and A HUGE HUG AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!

Jim and I are like Best Buddies and always worry about each other, anyway. Lol, noooo, I didn't talk about a rose AT ALL! I was busy emailing Jim in total panic, wondering if he was ok, since I didn't hear from him like usual and this has been a tough year for Jim and Sue, much prayers to them! And yeah, he had to email to tell me that the thread was on the Rose Gallery. So to make this all Rose Pertinent---

I will be sure to conclude this post for my Greetings and Final Rose hugs to everyone...And Yes, I do have to work on Thanksgiving with the freelance-- too many deadlines, lol! so hopefully I wonâÂÂt get mashed potatoes on my computer, haha!

But here is five roses for Boxo, Jim, Krista, Harold, Redsox, and Karen. Like Nick I have soooo many photos and no time to even get on Photobucket (sigh)â¦

Folkore Hybrid Tea

Lincoln

Viking Queen Climbing Rose

America Climbing Rose

BelindaâÂÂs Dream

And here is a toast to all the other special folks here at our Gallery like Carol/Nick/Florence and their sweet spirit! and the wonderful fun newcomers as well.., Jon, Kitty, and oh, a kick in the behind to me, because I haven't even mentioned a fraction of the rest yet! So I really feel bad missing out on so many others too!

Finally, on one of my freelance websites, I put JimâÂÂs Distant Drums, the rose he gave me as a present on the Services pageâ¦Lol, I had to plaster the website with my photos. I hope someday to keep getting better at the photography :D

Experiments with photography

The rose is looking absolutely gorgeous here.

Jim's Distant Drums

And finally 2 more photos, nothing to do with roses :D but just in celebration of my Dad's November birthday... I finally had the chance to take him to a really nice restaurant, thank Christ for that. After last year's hard times, things are finally beginning to look upwards! I am really blessed to have such a wonderful Dad and it is such a relief to be able to take him for an outing this year!

• Krista_5NY
    13 years ago

Beautiful pics, Serena. Have a wonderful holiday!

Original Author
    13 years ago

He he,

Yeah....You cleaned your mailbox out. lol
    Thanks for putting in rose pics Serena! They look great!
    Dinner looks yummy, but, i'd be busy eating and not taking pics of it. lol

• rosemeadow_gardener
    13 years ago

Dear Serena, Jim and other dear Gardenweb friends, I am sorry I didn't let you know sooner since you have put so much time in praying for us, but my partner Ray died on the 9th of this month with his family with him at home.
    We had his funeral with many family members and friends the following Tuesday. Corrinne, my girls and I are fine and getting on with our lives but are sad from time to time when we think of him and miss him. We know he is with God and Jesus because of some things that happened during his last days and after he died. When I have more time I will tell you what happened. At the moment I am on the computer in the library, as our computer and laptop have been broken for quite some time. I hope to have another computer in about a week or so.
    God bless you all !

P.S My middle daughter got a new Border Collie pup ( she doesn't like my Kelpies ! ) a few weeks ago, and we are off to vacinate it again so that is why I am in a hurry and also I want to wait till I get my next computer box, to rebuild friendships with you.

Original Author
    13 years ago

Very sad and sorry to hear about your loss!
    Yes, please come back & visit us here. JIm

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Dearest Karen, I am so sad to hear about Ray. I had sent a few emails and added prayer requests for you and Ray at church and Sunday School but I knew too that Ray's days were coming to a close and that you would need all the time in the world to try to heal and to gather things together in your heart and spirit. Yes, I very much would love to hear about the special things/the comfort that the Good Lord sent to you and Ray...Many hugs and may Christ enfold you and your daughters in His Comforting, Everlasting Arms, Karen! I hope you too can have good church friends to be near you in these sad times.

With the new puppy, there will also be fun times, and I'm sure little Corrinne will be thrilled with the new pup too and it will help ease just a tiny bit of her sadness. Whenever I play with Eluane, I will be thinking that she's got a kindred spirit in Australia overseas! The pup will be soooo fun! I absolutely cannot imagine ever going without a Border Collie!

Bless to every one!

Krista and Jim, Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Krista, love your rose photos too whenever you get to post on Facebook. I can't get on Facebook either, I am way too busy, but thank the Lord that if a friend does have a special post or a special event I can usually get notified. I also have asked Jim to keep an eye out for me if ever you, Karen, Boxo, or Harold post.... Hugs again!

• rosemeadow_gardener
    13 years ago

Thanks Serena and Jim for your dear,kindest thoughts. I am so running late to get to the mechanic, but I quickly stopped to check in on the computer here at the library. No hope of a second hand computer yet and properly not before Christmas. I can't wait to talk to you properly but I will have to be patient. So Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you !

Original Author
    13 years ago

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you also Karen!
    Hope you get a computer soon.

Original Author
    13 years ago

{{gwi:335415}}
    {{gwi:330367}}
    {{gwi:260835}}

{{gwi:315066}}
    {{gwi:1266017}}
    {{gwi:1266032}}
    {{gwi:1266035}}
    {{gwi:1261663}}
    {{gwi:1261665}}

{{gwi:295046}}

{{gwi:1235188}}
    {{gwi:298821}}
    {{gwi:1225549}}
    {{gwi:317989}}

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Karen, a very merry Christmas to you and the Girls! Rhiannon, Kathleen, and Corrinne! And may Rhiannon's new puppy bring tons of joy to everyone! Jim, Candy is looking very cute and fluffy! Karen, looks like Jim wanted to send you a few cheery photos with his garden too!

Jim, this winter is actually Karen's best rose-growing season in Australia, so I am sure her roses are looking especially gorgeous. I am sure they will bring so much beauty to Ray's resting place as well.

Many hugs and Christmas blessings to you, Karen! I am looking forward to your emails and to seeing how the girls are doing! And hope you can get your computer soon too!

Love, Serena

P.S. Karen and Jim, right after my full-time contract work, I had to go to 2 client meetings that James sprung on me (got notified that very day while I was still at work) and poor Eluane didn't get to see me until 8:30 p.m.! so what I did was play nighttime frisbee with her with Frozen Fingers, lol! it is chilly! but at least Eluane had Fun, finally! poor Eluane! Thank God, our pups are so forgiving!

I will have to take a Christmas photo of Eluane to go with Jim's Candy one of these days! I am looking forward to seeing photos of the new pup too and of the girls!

Original Author
    13 years ago

{{gwi:1292405}}